[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: sometimes you win when you lose

  • From: horizonholdings@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 17:55:13 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: horizonholdings@xxxxxxx
To: SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, Feb 4, 2011 4:42 pm
Subject: sometimes you win when you lose

I just completed reading a weeks worth of posts about the National location and
all I could think was thank goodness I lost the election for the Board.   For
the new Board to work this hard to try and rectify the mistakes of the past and
receive this much grief is quite remarkable.   If I were on the Board and had
these figures presented to me I not only would have voted for the change but I
would have made the motion.   However, having stated in the on line question
form at the time of the election that I was in favor of rotating the National
within the three zones but if I found the financial situation of the Club to be
that critical, which I believed it to be, I would vote to move the show to the
Purina site to save money, I would have been justified in my voting for the
change.
We can not continue spending more money than we take in.   It is the primary
responsibility of the Board of this and any Corporation to insure the survival
of the Corporation.   All the nice objectives in the mission statement, the by
laws or the P and P manual are impossible to meet without the survival of the
Corporation and must be secondary to this survival.   None of these objectives
are possible if the Corporation fails and does not exist.
I do feel bad for the people in the west for having the Colorado National moved
away from them. I loved this site and I have family in Denver and was looking
forward to the show there.   I also felt bad for the people in the east for
having Lexington taken away from them by the prior Board.    If you want to be
angry do so at the the individuals that presided over the lose of $190,000.00
dollars in three years and caused  this move to be necessary.
I also read in one of the posts that all the figures presented were not correct
and the Colorado site is not that much higher than Purina.   If this is the
case I am sure the Board will find the correct figures and act accordingly.

Joe Beccia
Signature German Shepherds