[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: rescue GSD

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:25:53 EDT

I have permission to put this on the list...can someone please help.

Patty Szymczak

In a message dated 9/19/2005 11:13:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
red_earth_ridgebacks@xxxxxxx writes:

Greetings
I am with Rhodesian Ridgeback Rescue & frequent the OKC shelter.  It is a
HIGH KILL facility.
Last week, while pulling a RR mix, I saw 3 GSDs, 2 were PB.  Usually when I
visit the shelter & find purebred dogs, I contact that breed's rescue & they
take immediate action.  In Oklahoma, there are a couple of GSD facilities
available, one in TX, but they were full.    I was able to put a rescue hold
(stay
of execution) on them, but could only find a foster for one.  Sadly, the other
2 were pts because there was no one to rescue them, and the local GSD club's
only effort in helping was to direct me to contact after contact.
No one offered to help, or pull the dogs out of the shelter.  I have not seen
this level of apathy by a breed club until now.
Was wondering if you or if anyone in your club does rescue or foster? or
could provide a name of someone who will take these GSDs?  This week there were
3
more in the shelter.  One of our Okla rescue groups (for another breed) found
a place for ONE.
Thanks in advance for any info you might provide.
+++Densi Rushing
Red Earth Rhodesian Ridgebacks