[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: godiva chocolate

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: crystaridge@xxxxxxx, GSDLady28@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 21:23:59 EDT

In a message dated 3/25/2007 7:20:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
crystaridge@xxxxxxx writes:
Breeders that have spent YEARS breeding the best that they can and have
spent a bundle to get a breeding and get pups to the age where they can go
to their homes, have campaigned the male or the female, done hip and elbow
certifications, done whatever it took to get a breeding, chilled/frozen
semen, whatever, surgical implants, etc. etc.,  compared to someone  that has
a male and a female in their backyard that they really don't know  anything
about and  just want to get 'rid' of the pups because they  are getting too
expensive to feed ------ give me a break ---- HOW can you  compare this???

I don't think anybody is comparing it, I just don't think the economy  is
good, and like previously said, disposable income is down.  People are
mortgaged
to the hilt, (the second shoe is going to drop re the mortgage  debacle),
credit card debt is at an all time high, savings at an all time low,  more and
more people are living paycheck to paycheck an awful lot can't  afford health
insurance much less set something aside for their  children's education funds
and their own retirement and to pour salt into the  wound, taxes are through
the
roof.

I don't think any of us need marketing lessons; we're for the most part
pretty efficient at it.

You can defend the value of your product until the cows come home but if it
(the price of a well bred/raised companion puppy), isn't in the budget, it
simply isn't in the budget.

I've been more worried about people being taxed off of properties large
enough to breed/raise dogs more than I have restrictive legislation for a long
time now.  I have friends that will be forced to move when they retire,
(because their retirement income  won't be enough to afford the
property/school
taxes), and there goes the few litters per year they breed  now.  NOT because
of
legislation, but because of property/school  taxes.

Not to be negative, but an awful lot of people are living paycheck to
paycheck and those that ARE doing OK are seeing the writing on the wall and
tightening their belt. (And THAT is you companion puppy market.)

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_ (http:
//www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds/)