[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: clubs that hosted Fut Mat in 2006 /confused, donations? sp...

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 21:13:30 -0800 (PST)

After reading the break down of the expense report for our club I would advise
all hosting clubs to take donation only in their clubs name. At least you may
be able to cover the cost of the judge
  I would try to get a local judge if you try to fly one in you will never come
close to covering the expenses.
  15.83 per entry is what was charged by Rau.
  8.00 per litter nomination
  2.00 per entry to cover judges expenses.
  Terry who is now in AZ

  If anyone wants to see the statement just let me know.
Nancy Harper <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Good Morning Molly,
You are exactly correct. BEFORE Purina came on board some clubs had already
collected money for trophy donations. Regional Chairs contacted me about
what should be done with the money donated for Futurity Trophies PRIOR to
Purina coming on Board. At that point I produced a letter and sent it to
the Regional Chairs, who then sent the letter on to the donors, in some
cases we called the donor personally. The letter explained, to the donor,
the situation and asked permission to retain the donation so that it (the
donation) could be used to help defray cost connected with the entire
weekend. The vast majority of the donors agreed to generously allow the
host clubs to keep the money and in return a list was sent to Rau for the
donors to be listed on a separate page in the Futurity Catalogue. This
process really paid off for many of the clubs.

As all of you know our litter nominations are way down and that impacts the
total revenue of the Region. Although we all know that entries throughout
the country are down they are not down at the rate that Futurity litter
nominations are. It is absolutely necessary to gain ads and do exactly what
Molly is already doing. I know her Futurity will be a roaring success even
though that Region is not, historically, one of the larger Futurities, this
is because they are paying attention and moving in the right direction early
on. A club will only get out of the process what is put into it.

Some clubs failed to solicited ads and donations; this might have happened
because they felt that if trophies were paid for all was OK> Let me also
say that each and every Region received from Tish a set of instructions and
guidelines as she had always done in the past. Those clubs that did the
necessary things came out pretty well because they did the necessary work.
Of course we would love for each and every club to make 'lots of money' .
Those clubs that did not have ads and donors made very little money and if
their expenses were high they broke even.

I am dedicated to correcting the large fees charged by Rau, (as is the
Futurity Committee and the Board) by helping the clubs reduce their
expenses by, for example, insisting and making sure that all travel
arrangements are made well in advance, working with hotels to receive comp
rooms etc.

I encourage everyone to contact me if you want information. Next year we
are also committed to getting the financial reports and the checks out
earlier. It has been a rather big learning curve. Thank you all for you
patience.
Nancy Harper
National Futurity Chair
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2006 9:31 AM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: clubs that hosted Fut Mat in 2006 /confused,
donations? sp...

In a message dated 11/4/2006 8:20:47 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:

Terry, I'm confused. The donations...are you suggesting a hosting club
collect donations, maybe list that person next to trophy's (or perhaps
call
them
a sponsor??? like charities? Gold sponsor, silver, etc.? Can we do
that?

I'd give them better parking and a free lunch, this might work!) when
Purina
is now paying for trophies? I'm not saying sponsorship would be wrong, it
might even be a good idea actually, I'm just trying to get my head around
it.
Kathy I think what Terry may have been referring to is that Purina came on
board to take over the trophies after the "gears" were in motion. For
insta
nce, our club had already sent a donation to our regional futurity towards
trophies, then Purina was supplying them. We let the club put an ad in
their
specialty catalogue for us and keep the money after the fact to use. I
think
many clubs this past year already had sponsor/donations before Purina came
onboard. You cannot list their names next to trophies...you could the
rosettes
or anything not supplied by Purina if my understanding is correct.
We already have several sponsors/donors toward our futurity, mostly for
products. Some have donated money to buy food so we can have free
hospitality,
some store are donating products to raffle etc. We will be asking all our
regional clubs for assistance too as we are throwing a lot of programs in
(breed
seminar, juniors seminar) at no cost.
Molly

Trillia German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, Life member CKC
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your
pocket
and then give him only two of them>>>>Phil Pastoret

Trillia German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, Life member CKC
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your
pocket
and then give him only two of them>>>>Phil Pastoret

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original