[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: What to call hobby Breeders

  • From: suzanne moore <cmrz4345@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:58:25 -0800 (PST)

Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:48:49 -0800 (PST)
From: suzanne moore <cmrz4345@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: What to call hobby Breeders
To: showgsd-1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  As a  new subsciber to the to the list, I'm amused by all the attention and
vitriol being spewed. I don't know much about the Hunte situation, but if that
is his way of enhancing the breed(any breed), then his membership in the Club
is extremely distressing, and not a good sign for our future as a dedicated
group pledging the highest of ethical standards. Seems like those those very
standards would require self-policing and the purging of members who clearly
have a different agenda. Then there's Jimmy Moses. My beginnings in GSD's was
back in the days of Yoncalla's Mike, Hollamor's Judd, and Lance. I was lucky
enough to have a Troll v. Richterbach gr-daughter. Best dog ever whelped.
Jimmy(and many others long gone from the Breed) were, for a novice like me,a
source of information,learning, and admiration. I would like to think that
admiration was not misplaced. And then  there's the problem of what to call "
Hobby Breeders" A breeder who has one or two bitches can
 certainly be as dedicated as the breeder who has twenty. In fact, the small
breeder really has to make every litter count., and may have more time to do
the research necessary to truly advance the Breed. How about this? A serious
GSD breeder should be willing to join the Club and sign the. Breeder's Code of
Ethics. If they do, then why not call them Registered Breeder. If they violate
the Code, or drop out of the GSDCA, then using the "Registered Breeder"
designation would be disallowed, and enforced legally if necessary. I really
like the "list" and look forward to more discourse.

  Charlie Moore