[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: WOW new AKC rules

  • From: Linda Bankhead <lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Peg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Peg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 14:18:43 -0400

Interesting! How will AKC enforce conflict of interest? How does this effect
The GSDCA requirement that a person must be a n AKC judge for 5 years to be
edible to judge our National Specialty? The BOD just voted in closed session
that handlers can't judge Futurities.

I think the AKC did the right thing. We do have outstanding breeders who will
hopefully agree to judge shows.

Sent from my iPad

Linda Bankhead44@xxxxxxxxx

On Oct 4, 2015, at 2:34 AM, HessenGSD <Peg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

“Specialty Clubs by request may invite eligible individuals for approval to
judge their events
Requirements for Applicant/Judge
-Any eligible individuals including, but not limited to, professional
handlers may be approved on a case-by-case, event-by-event request from the
Specialty Club for approval to judge their Parent Club National or Parent
Club Regional events.
-Must be 21 years of age.
-Must be occupationally eligible, except that professional handlers may be
approved under this policy.
-Should be knowledgeable, with success in breeding/exhibiting/handling in the
breed for 15 years or more.
-Procedure and anatomy test required and if applicable, scale or wicket test
required.
-A $25 per breed fee is required for non-approved judges.”