[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: Texans

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:50:57 EST

In a message dated 11/18/2005  8:53:02 AM Central Standard Time,
hollywoods@xxxxxxx writes:

Just  had a picture sent to me of a Rattlesnake that was 9ft 1 inch and
weighed  97 pounds. It was caught just outside Amarillo, Texas....
OMG.. I wouldnt  want your dog to get bit by this. If any of you want the
picture email  me

My husband killed a 7 footer by our kennel years ago.  He had it  handing in
the garage when
I got home from a dog show.  The funny thing is that night our  daughters boy
friend coiled in up right by the garage door, so that was the  first thing
Bob saw in the morning.  And since he had to bend all the way  over because the
garage door handle was very low, his face was right next to  the coiled,
ready-looking to strike snake when the door went up.  It is a  wonder that he
didn't die on the spot from a coronary, it scared him so  badly.  Sence big
snakes
are usually in pairs, I am sure he thought it  was the dead snake's mate that
had come to "get him"  I did see the 2nd  snake the next week coiled in the
gutter in the kennel, but by the time I got  the gun, it was gone. (I don't do
big rattlers with only a hoe)  We had  never seen any rattlers before  -or
after-  in the 10 years we live  there.
We have been on 30 acres for 12 years now and have yet to see a big  rattler.
Carol