[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: [TX_RPOA_E-News] Time for Victory Dance in Lubbock, Texas!

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:41:31 EDT

YEAH!  Some good news...

____________________________________
 From: rpoa@xxxxxxxxx
To:  TX_RPOA_E-NEWS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 8/27/2010 6:34:40 P.M. Central  Daylight Time
Subj: [TX_RPOA_E-News] Time for Victory Dance in Lubbock,  Texas!

TX-RPOA E-News
>From RPOA Texas Outreach and
Responsible Pet  Owners Alliance
"Animal welfare, not animal 'rights'
and, yes, there is  a difference."
Permission granted to crosspost.
August 27,  2010

Tiime for a Victory Dance, the second one this Summer! First San  Antonio
rescinded their Mandatory Spay/Neuter Clause for dogs over 6  months of age
and their Intact Dog Permit which were both deemed  unenforceable. An
onerous Vicious Dog Section was also deleted from the  ordinance and
replaced
with a new Aggressive Dog Section that is the best  we've seen to date.

And now Lubbock City Council rejected a new animal  ordinance yesterday
which
included the entire "animal rights" agenda: A  Ban on Animal Sales,
Mandatory Spay/Neuter, Intact Pet Permits, Breeder  Permits, Litter
Permits,
Sellers Permits, Puppy/Kitten Lemon Law, and  Mandatory Microchips.

The Lubbock City Council is to be applauded for  rejecting the "mandatory"
word and instructing the animal advisory board  to look at voluntary spay
and
neutering programs and more education. But  now the work begins and our
members there will be part of the solution.  RPOA's Lubbock Advisory
Committee and chairwoman Anne Humphreys are to be  congratulated on a job
well done! We now have 15 area RPOA Advisory  Committees in Texas that will
be posted on our website soon.

Our  RPOA El Paso Advisory Committee needs our help now. A vote has been
postponed there on anti-pet proposals and the mayor has appointed a task
force. However the animal groups have formed their own coalition to
address
their animal problems.

Links to three stories about  Lubbock:
_http://everythinglubbock.com/fulltext/?nxd_id`495_
(http://everythinglubbock.com/fulltext/?nxd_id`495)

_http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s047679_
(http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s047679)

_http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/news/local/story/spay-neuter-city-council-anima
ls-shelter/wfH654FY2UKKTGq96q93qA.cspx_
(http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/news/local/story/spay-neuter-city-council-animals-shelter/wfH654FY2UKKTGq96q93qA.cs
px)

__._,_.___

_Reply  to sender_ (mailto:rpoa@xxxxxxxxx?subject=Time for Victory Dance in
Lubbock, Texas!)  | _Reply  to group_
(mailto:TX_RPOA_E-News@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Time for Victory Dance in
Lubbock, Texas!)  | _Reply  via web
post_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwMmRuMGVqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRtc2dJZAMyODYEc2V
jA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMjgyOTUyMDc2?act=reply&messageNum(6)  |
_Start  a New Topic_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMjZibHBiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRz
ZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyODI5NTIwNzY-)
_Messages  in this topic_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/message/286;_ylc=X3oDMTMzMjMzZzg2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQ
DMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRtc2dJZAMyODYEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjgyOTUyMDc2BHR
wY0lkAzI4Ng--)  (1)
Recent Activity:
    *   _New  Members_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJnc2dnN3RpBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNT
A0MjQxMQRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycwRzdGltZQMxMjgyOTUyMDc2?o=6)  20
_Visit  Your Group_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News;_ylc=X3oDMTJma2swaTB0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRzZ
WMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEyODI5NTIwNzY-)

RPOA Texas Outreach (501 C4  Nonprofit)
www.rpoatexasoutreach.org
Responsible Pet Owners Alliance  (501 C3 Nonprofit)
www.responsiblepetowners.org
900 NE Loop 410  #311-D
San Antonio, TX 78209
$15 Annual Dues (Jan-Dec)