[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: [TX_RPOA_E-News] Texas Rep. David Simpson Stands Up for Texas Pets!

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 17:09:00 EDT

From:  rpoa@xxxxxxxxx
To:  TX_RPOA_E-NEWS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 4/21/2011 2:06:58 P.M. Central Daylight  Time
Subj: [TX_RPOA_E-News] Texas Rep. David Simpson Stands Up for Texas  Pets!

TX-RPOA E-News
>From RPOA Texas Outreach and
Responsible Pet  Owners Alliance
"Animal welfare, not animal 'rights'
and, yes, there is  a difference."
Crossposting is encouraged.
April 21, 2011

Texas  Rep. David Simpson Stands Up for Texas Pets!

Contact his office and say  "Thank You!"
Phone: (512) 463-0750
Fax: (512) 463-9085
E-Mail: _david.simpson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:david.simpson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

The  82nd Session of the Texas Legislature will go down in  history!
Representative David Simpson is our "hero" and a breath of fresh  air! He
blocked automatic passage of Rep. Senfronia Thompson's HB 1451 this  morning
on the Local and Consent Calendar which Thompson  chairs.

Rep. Simpson made several Parliamentary Inquiries regarding the  Fiscal
Impact Statements on three House Bills that stated there was "$0"  Fiscal
Impact for the next two years on the State Budget. One of the bills  was HB
1451. Simpson asked that the complete Fiscal Statements on these  three
bills be included in the Record stating no state funds are to be used  on
them. Simpson was asked by the chair if he was prepared to talk for  10
minutes (to filibuster HB 1451) and he said "10 minutes or longer!"  This
means the bill was withdrawn and has now been placed on the "Major  State
Calendar" for scheduling for a full House Floor Vote. There's a man  after
our own heart, a man of principles.

It was reiterated once  again that Thompson's bill did NOT affect hunting
dogs or the Agriculture  Community which is not true. There's no exception
for "hunting dogs." And  the Ag Community is well aware of what is happening
in other states. It's  very easy to change the "animal" definition in bills
later to include  livestock. We've constantly stressed this is a national
"animal rights"  legislative agenda to end all breeding of dogs and cats in
the  U.S.

Obviously very angry at Rep. Simpson, Thompson asked to make a  Personal
Privileged Speech which was granted and then commented on the  rarity of
doing so. Thompson said if her bill doesn't pass today, she'll be  back!
She said she doesn't mind being attacked personally but felt her  committee
was being attacked and assured everyone that the Speaker  appointed her
committee members who were exemplary. We're not aware of  anything being
said about her committee members; just the facts on this  "Animal Rights"
Bill and the effect on Texas animal owners.

Animal  Rights groups took out a full page ad in Rep. Simpson's district
attacking  him for his previous stance which caused the bill to be
withdrawn
temporarily. This is a terrible blow for their side and they will  turn up
the heat - which we must do also.

Many legislators have told  our members they will vote against HB 1451 on
the
House Floor if/when it is  scheduled. We'll be holding their feet to the
fire! So everyone has to get  busy with phone calls, faxes and emails to
their own representatives. Or  you can paste an email into a form to each
one of them on their individual  Texas Legislature website pages. Faxes are
always best as they have a  print out before
them. Be brief.

There is no bill in the Senate yet  and we don't want one! Nor do we want it
attached to another bill. You can  find your representatives and senators
at: _http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/_ (http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/)
  Tell them to kill HB 1451 and HB
2116 (the shorter version)! Confirm their  positions and e-mail RPOA any
feedback. Hang tight, we're almost in our  last month of this session and
won't have another one for two  years!
Subscribe  to this announcement only email list to stay informed regarding
all Texas  animal issues by emailing:
_TX_RPOA_E-News-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:TX_RPOA_E-News-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Donate  with PayPal or mail in:
www.rpoatexasoutreach.org

__._,_.___

_Reply  to sender_
(mailto:rpoa@xxxxxxxxx?subject=Re:%20Texas%20Rep.%20David%20Simpson%20Stands%20Up%20for%20Texas%20Pets!)
  | _Reply  to group_
(mailto:TX_RPOA_E-News@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re:%20Texas%20Rep.%20David%20Simpson
%20Stands%20Up%20for%20Texas%20Pets!)  | _Reply  via web post_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwajNoYmJwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0B
GdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRtc2dJZAMzNDQEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDc
nBseQRzdGltZQMxMzAzNDEyODEz?act=reply&messageNum44)  | _Start  a New
Topic_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmczFqOHA3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsaw
NudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzMDM0MTI4MTM-)
_Messages  in this topic_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/message/344;_ylc=X3oDMTMzZ21nNDAxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQ
DMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRtc2dJZAMzNDQEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzAzNDEyODEzBHR
wY0lkAzM0NA--)  (1)
Recent Activity:
    *   _New  Members_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJnbW5vZWc1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNT
A0MjQxMQRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycwRzdGltZQMxMzAzNDEyODEz?o=6)  5
_Visit  Your Group_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News;_ylc=X3oDMTJmM2o0Y3BrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRzZ
WMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEzMDM0MTI4MTM-)

RPOA Texas Outreach (501 C4  Nonprofit)
www.rpoatexasoutreach.org
Responsible Pet Owners Alliance  (501 C3 Nonprofit)
www.responsiblepetowners.org
900 NE Loop 410  #311-D
San Antonio, TX 78209
$15 Annual Dues (Jan-Dec)

MARKETPLACE

_Get  great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers
Center._
(http://global.ard.yahoo.com/SIGo3567st/MI3064.14543977.14365476.10835568/D=groups/S05042411:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP03420013/L?03db30-6c4a-11e0-
bb51-0bffa151359d/B=ELWIP9BDRqw-/J03412813615205/K=0hbv6eKyT3ZkGSsLPu7vMA
/A`78812/R=0/SIG4ae4ln1/*http://dogandcatanswers.yahoo.com/)

____________________________________

_Stay  on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on -
Get the  Yahoo! Toolbar now._
(http://global.ard.yahoo.com/SIGolppenq/MI3064.14543979.14365478.13298430/D=groups/S05042411:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP0342
0013/L?03db30-6c4a-11e0-bb51-0bffa151359d/B×WIP9BDRqw-/J0341281361520
5/K=0hbv6eKyT3ZkGSsLPu7vMA/A`60255/R=0/SIG94m4keh/*http://us.toolbar.ya
hoo.com/?.cpdl=grpj)

Mw--)
Switch to: _Text-Only_