[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: [TX_RPOA_E-News] "Responsible Pet Owners Lobby Day" in Texas Feb 24th

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 07:21:01 EST

____________________________________
 From: rpoa@xxxxxxxxx
To:  TX_RPOA_E-NEWS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 2/2/2011 12:17:52 P.M. Central  Standard Time
Subj: [TX_RPOA_E-News] "Responsible Pet Owners Lobby Day" in  Texas Feb 24th

TX-RPOA E-News
>From RPOA Texas Outreach and
Responsible Pet  Owners Alliance
"Animal welfare, not animal 'rights'
and, yes, there is  a difference."
Permission granted to crosspost.
February 2,  2011

Are you ready for the 82nd Texas Legislative Session? How much do  your
animals mean to you? If you don't speak up for them, who will? HSUS,  Texas
Humane Legislation Network (THLN) and ASPCA don't speak for RPOA  and
responsible pet owners!

If there's one thing in life that is  certain, it is that the "Animal Rights
Industry" will be at our state  capitol in Austin, TX, every session with
legislation to stop all breeding,  sales and ownership of pets including
mandatory sterilization of every dog  and cat in the state. In addition we
have municipalities and attorneys who  promote Breed Specific Legislation
and
many other excessive restrictions on  animal owners. This session is no
different. Some Texas cities are already  banning puppy and kitten sales.

No Pets = No Vets = No Pet Products. Is  this our future in Texas? Besides
the economic blow it would be the end of  our historic working relationships
with many dog breeds that have been bred  for centuries as working dogs.
Gene pools will be lost forever.

RPOA  Texas Outreach now has our "Lobby Corner" set up  at:
www.rpoatexasoutreach.org . Follow the "Lobby Corner" Link to  information
on our "Responsible Pet Owners Lobby Day" Thursday, February  24, 2011 at
the
Capitol. New
bills may be filed until MARCH 11th so  check back regularly. There are
directions there to find your  legislators.

Some of the other information you'll find there is the  Legislature's Dates
of
Interest, Summary of Bills Filed, Dialogue for  Legislators, Available
Parking at the Capitol, a Legislators' Packet, and a  series of maps to be
able to navigate the Capitol Building in Austin. Maps  are posted for the
entire Capitol Complex, Exhibit Space, Capitol Ext.  Level E1, Capitol Ext.
Level E2, Capitol 1st Floor, Capitol 2nd Floor,  Capitol 3rd Floor, and
Capitol 4th Floor. They even include locations of  the Cafeteria and
restrooms.

On Lobby Day our RPOA Command Center  from 10:00 am until 3:00 pm will be in
the Court of Criminal Appeals Room  on the Third Floor of the North Wing in
the Capitol Building. Check the  website regularly for more information.

If you are new to the  legislative process, that's no problem. Meetings are
brief and we'll have a  packet for your legislators and suggested dialogue.
Legislators always like  to meet constituents personally in their offices.
If the legislator is  busy, his aide will meet with you.

Participants are to make their own  appointments with their elected
representative and senator who can be found  on the state's website
_http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/_ (http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/)   .
Print it out, call them today to make
an appointment and save it as it  contains the location of their offices at
the Capitol and district offices,  and all contact information. You'll need
it in the future for opposing or  supporting animal related bills this
session.

E-mail Jacque at _jacque15@xxxxxxxx (mailto:jacque15@xxxxxxx)  to register
for RPOA  Lobby Day. For more
information, go to the Lobby Corner on our website and  check back often for
updates. Action alerts will be issued as  necessary.
To  subscribe, contact _rpoa@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:rpoa@xxxxxxxxx)
or email directly: _TX_RPOA_E-News-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:TX_RPOA_E-News-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

__._,_.___

_Reply  to sender_
(mailto:rpoa@xxxxxxxxx?subject=Re:%20"Responsible%20Pet%20Owners%20Lobby%20Day"%20in%20Texas%20Feb%2024th)
  | _Reply  to group_
(mailto:TX_RPOA_E-News@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re:%20"Responsible%20Pet%20Owners%
20Lobby%20Day"%20in%20Texas%20Feb%2024th)  | _Reply  via web post_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwOG1sM25xBF9TAzk3MzU5N
zE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRtc2dJZAMzMjAEc2VjA2Z0cgRzb
GsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMjk2NjcwNjY3?act=reply&messageNum20)  | _Start  a New
Topic_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmZWMzOHM1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRzZWMDZnRyBH
NsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyOTY2NzA2Njc-)
_Messages  in this topic_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/message/320;_ylc=X3oDMTMzdGVhcmQ4BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdy
cHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRtc2dJZAMzMjAEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjk2NjcwNjY3BHR
wY0lkAzMyMA--)  (1)
Recent Activity:
    *   _New  Members_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJnN2N1Y2hxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNT
A0MjQxMQRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycwRzdGltZQMxMjk2NjcwNjY3?o=6)  12
_Visit  Your Group_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News;_ylc=X3oDMTJmYXNwOGw3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRzZ
WMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEyOTY2NzA2Njc-)

RPOA Texas Outreach (501 C4  Nonprofit)
www.rpoatexasoutreach.org
Responsible Pet Owners Alliance  (501 C3 Nonprofit)
www.responsiblepetowners.org
900 NE Loop 410  #311-D
San Antonio, TX 78209
$15 Annual Dues (Jan-Dec)