[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: Re: The Board Meeting / some questions

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rus99wes@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: stormy435@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 10:10:24 -0400

stormy get in bod meeting
ur name is talk about
naia
russell

____________________________________
From: johnbemont@xxxxxxxxx
To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: stormy435@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 7/26/2015 8:13:00 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Board Meeting / some questions

I think Linda gave a great overview of yesterdays meeting and the board
did address some important issues. This morning we’re back on futurities,
2017 clubs. The sound is very good.

John
_johnbemont@gmail.con_ (mailto:johnbemont@xxxxxxxxx)

John Bemont
President/CEO
Johns Creek Ga. Chamber
404 432-6965

On Jul 26, 2015, at 1:50 AM, (Redacted sender "_rus99wes@aol.com_
(mailto:rus99wes@xxxxxxx) " for DMARC) <_dmarc-noreply@freelists.org_
(mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) > wrote:

STORMY GO BED
u have to get up in 7 hours
lol
russell

In a message dated 7/26/2015 12:42:03 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
_stormy435@gmail.com_ (mailto:stormy435@xxxxxxxxx) writes:

I still think they need to go look at the AV Fairgrounds (Lancaster, CA)
(but I am SOooo selfish about that). Seriously… an hour from LAX….. LOTS
of herding close by, lots of motels…nothing fancy, but lots of good GSD
folks around. Plenty of open space to do most anything. (it’s the high
desert after all) I did hear it mentioned, maybe they’ll be back.)

Am I prejudiced? Of course I am. As Evan says, It’s all about me :-)

Stormy

On Jul 25, 2015, at 10:34 PM, Carolyn Martello <_marhaven@suddenlink.net_
(mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) > wrote:

Would love to have a National in Reno.....but it is not an accommodating
airport for
# 500 crates. None of us can get a dog in or out of Reno in a #
500....to or from just
about anywhere??. They would have to fly into the Bay Area to make it
work.
Hope they listened to Helen's request.

Wonder why handlers can no longer Judge Futurities after 2017? Most
Clubs have
re-cycled most of the Judges by the time we all put on two shows a year
with all the
shows within a day driving distance. In the case of our Shows in
Sacramento.....we
use four judges for that weekend.
Did the handler judges not pull good entries this year and last? I
never really kept
track or paid attention.......?

Carolyn _marhaven@suddenlink.net_ (mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
_www.marhaven.com_ (http://www.marhaven.com/)

On Behalf Of Linda Bankhead
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2015 7:46 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Board Meeting

I listened to most of the meeting. I was driving for most of it; so what
I heard is high level and not the details or facts.

The audio was very poor during budget and finance. Once the microphone
was fixed; the conference call worked very well.

Next on the agenda was Futurity Maturity.

A motion was made by Pam to wait until January to make any decisions on
our Fut Mat system. Kathy Potter has stepped down as chair; Karin Wagner
will be working with Joanne I.

Motion passed unanimous to delay until January. Then the BOD continued the
Fut Mat discussion. Some items did not pass; others did pass, and some
were tabled for new chair and committee.

Passed: Starting in 2017 handlers will no longer be able to judge.
Passed: A new fee schedule was set for nominations.

The Fut Mat was very long and took up most of the morning into lunch.

Discussions about the Review. Passed: The Review will be offered standard
mail and also digital. Rates were discussed for members paper, digital, or
both.

Gail presented numerous National sites. Some were too costly.
Sacramento, Del Mar, Reno are being considered. Passed: Gail will visit Reno.
Helen
requested Gail make sure airlines can take dogs and 600 Crates.

Dual Award will now recognize barn hunt, dock diving, lure coursing.

Morton spoke in detail about working dog, SV.

Lew discussed marketing strategies and ways to improve visuality and
interest.

At the end of the meeting Frank thanked the BOD for embracing all venues
related to the GSD.

Again; I was driving not taking notes. IMO the "tone" of the meeting was
cooperative and addressed a good number of issues important to members and
the club.

Linda Bankhead

Sent from my iPad

Linda _Bankhead44@gmail.com_ (mailto:Bankhead44@xxxxxxxxx)

On Jul 25, 2015, at 10:02 PM, Stormy V. Hope <_stormy435@gmail.com_
(mailto:stormy435@xxxxxxxxx) > wrote:

I was unable to catch much of it as I was driving (and had it on a lousy
speaker), at a meeting, then back driving. But it appears that many
decisions were made about the Futurity system, the membership/Review/online
Review and the National.

Many of our listers here are not on Facebook. Hopefully, some of the
highlights of the Meeting thus far can be posted.

Thanks

Storm

Stormy V. Hope

Stormy V. Hope