[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: Re: ROM Proposed Changes

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: Scharo777@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 22:15:38 EDT

I think Carol said it well.  I didn't join the PC for what I could get  from
it,
or because my membership would make any big difference in things.
I joined because I love and value the German Shepherd Dog, and
wanted to be part of an organization I believe in.

Sadly, so many people think everything is an entitlement.  As a
member, I don't get anything from the PC 'for free' either.   Our  dues
pay for our subscription to the Review and help keep the club  running,
and that wouldn't be enough if it weren't for the many hours
volunteered by officers, committee members and others.

If you value these awards and want to have a voice in the direction
of the breed, then join!  I can't understand why anyone would  sit
around complaining that an organization they aren't supporting
isn't 'giving' them enough!

JMO,

Janice Buchanan
GSDCA Member since 1990

In a message dated 9/9/2006 12:16:00 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
Scharo777@xxxxxxx writes:
Please  explain why these people who can breed their animal enough to make
it
an ROM, or who can afford to campaign a champion to a select, do not
support
the entire breed by joining the parent club.  This is a  matter of  principle
to me.  If you care about the BREED as a  whole, not just your  own dogs,
support the parent club.  Don't  give me finances as a reason,  that does not
fly
with me.  Are  there other good reasons not to  join?

Carol  Moore