[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: Re: More than that, I did it my way

  • From: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • To: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, Gsdman2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 09:13:51 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/07 6:20:22 AM, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx writes:

> I was pleased at the quality and content of the BOG this past week,  but
> still ask why it needs to take 2 weeks after a meeting to get that out  to
> the
> membership.   With cell phones, long distance plans and  of course the
> internet,
> people have become used to a much quicker  information flow.  That should be
> consideration for a future board.  It is just plain hard to surmise or
> suppose with solid information.
> I again will sound like a broken record, but information is the  highway.

I was thrilled to get the BOG via email because AOL had been a problem in the
past for delivery.   I actually got my BOG less than two weeks after the
meeting but, I have to say I completely agree with Molly. The necessity for the
written version of club business has to be presented in a timely manner.   I
work for a municipality with a population of over 50,000. Our Village Board
meetings occur the first and third Monday of every month.   It is imperative
that
the minutes are ready for the next board packet and posted to our web site the
Friday prior to the next meeting, which is less than two weeks after the
meeting.   There is no option for minutes not being accurate and ready for the
next
meeting.   Yesterdays Board packet that I had to ready for the meeting Monday
was 167 pages long. I realize that a dog club and a municipality are totally
different entities, but they both are governed by a President and Board of
Trustees.   As Molly says information is the highway.

Regards,
Pat

 Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at