[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: Re: FM consolidation

  • From: barbmarkh@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 15:17:46 -0400

I have to agree with Amy - I always thought that the futurities were set up so
people that can't go the distance to the National every year still have a
chance to see and participate once a year . . . We move the National around so
people from different regions can get to one easily and see good dogs - making
it so everyone can get to a National every 4 years or so by driving no more
than 12 hours . . . the futurities filled in regionally for years that the
National wasn't close.

?

By consolidating regions - we give people less opportunity to get to one - it
will increase handling fees because people that had 9 regions to have "their"
handler show there dog will now only have 5 - I would imagine that it could
limit the Jr. handlers available since? most of the Jr.'s only show regionally
(as an example - quite a few Jr.'s have been active in Florida - but you rarely
see them out of Florida) - and how would we consolidate - the largest fut/mat
are the MW/GL/NE/MA - it seems that smaller regions should combine with larger
- so the SE with the MA - that is a long drive for the active people in South
Florida

?

Here's a different idea - lets make more regions - and do them like "B"
matches?with regular specialty show weekends - then the "state" or "local"
winners could compete regionally for the chance to the National - you could
enter those "B" matches as many times as you want - but could show in only one
"regional final"

It would help more clubs have bigger matches - more people could compete -

?

Barb

http://mail.aol.com