[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: Radiology

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gsdshowlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:04:30 EST

____________________________________
 From: linda.kraft@xxxxxxxx
To: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
CC:  linda.kraft@xxxxxxxx
Sent: 1/17/2008 9:24:49 A.M. Pacific Standard  Time
Subj: Re: Radiology

I am writing in response to your inquiry to the  WCVM about the Hip/Elbow
certification program.  The following  information has been provided to me to
forward to those asking about our  program.  Thank you very much.

"TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

With regret WCVM advises you that its Hip  and Elbow Certification
program will be suspended effective March 1st,  2008.

With OVC terminating its Hip and Elbow Certification program, it  is
simply impossible for WCVM to assume that workload at present radiology
staff levels (with only a single ACVR Diplomate, whose primary
responsibilities are teaching and clinical service to the WCVM teaching
hospital).

WCVM will continue to issue certificates to normal dogs  which are
brought to the college to have their radiographs made, but no  outside
referrals for hip/elbow certification will be accepted effective  March
1st, 2008.

All others seeking hip/elbow certification are  directed to the
Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA), Inc.
(website = _www.offa.org_ ()

)"

Sincerely,

Linda Kraft