[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: Please help with puppy UPDATE

  • From: "Kim McNamara" <klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:20:55 -0400

Hi List,
I wanted to let everyone know what happened to my little puppy boy who would
not eat.  Good news!  He is eating and he is fine at 7 weeks old!  Thanks to
everyone for their suggestions.  What I did was: I treated him for coccidia
(even though his stool was negative), I prayed, and I let his mom convince
him she didn't have any more milk for him.  The day that I put his mom with
him and he nursed from every faucet (for a few seconds each - until he would
cry and try another one with similar non-results) it was like he just gave
up and said "ok, I'll eat this dog food stuff."  He's still smaller than the
other pups but he's catching up quickly.  So if this ever happens to you -
don't give up!

Thanks again for being there for me when I needed you, Listers!
Kim - Kimberlite