[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: Midwest Triangle

  • From: "Valerie Harrington" <whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx" <PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:22:03 -0600

Gary--
I went and saw it today for the first time - it's awesome!  I was expecting a
corridor-shaped facility (similar to Racine) -- I couldn't have been more
surprised.  It's huge!  There really is close to 10,000 sq. feet of matting --
and it's a square facility.   It's so great I can't believe it - there's room
for a huge ring with room for doubling all around, even with people sitting in
chairs.  This will be at least equal to the Armory in Elgin.  I know the
exhibitors are going to be thrilled with this ring.

We all worked so hard on finding a suitable site.  If it weren't for really
awesome non-GSD dog people who were so helpful in giving us referrals for other
facilities, we never would have found this place.

Also, in checking out the hotels:

The Candlewood Suites has  a very, very limited amount of space available for
exercising dogs and no restaurant nearby (closest would be the Sheraton).  I
don't think this facility will work well without some serious problems.

The Sheraton, on the other hand, has a large grassy area off the south parking
lot and not only has a restaurant, but a cocktail lounge as well.

Valerie Harrington
whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why Wait?  Move to EarthLink.