[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: Message from Karen Perry re: Steve Dale -- IL

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 17:50:05 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

  From: Margo Milde <mrm1206@xxxxxxxxx>
  Date: April 27, 2009 2:13:41 PM PDT
  To: Margo Milde <mrm1206@xxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Message from Karen Perry re: Steve Dale

        The following message is from Karen Perry.
        Please call or email WGN in the next two days, and then forward this
information to your family, friends, and club members.

        Margo Milde

        PLEASE CROSSPOST TO ALL LISTS AND FRIENDS
         If the email address for contact of the radio execs does not
transpose correctly email me privately and I will clarify.
        Karen
        Karen Perry
        Ouilmette4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        (Ouilmette4 AT sbcglobal.net)

        PLEASE EITHER CALL OR EMAIL in the next two days... We desperately
need your help, regardless of where you live. Here is the story:

        Steve Dale the host of WGN RADIO Pet Central (originating from
Chicago Illinois)  aired his last show Sunday April 26th, 2009 .

        As many of you know (when you listened by radio or Internet) through
his 12 years of programs he has made a tremendous difference in the lives of
pets and their owners. He has worked closely with shelters and rescues, dog
clubs, the AKC , the veterinary associations, and many causes (the rescue
and rebuilding efforts after Katrina, raising money for various shelters and
being instrumental in  raising money to find genetic markers for specific
feline hereditary problems) just to name a few.

        Most importantly,  to us,  he has been the radio voice (and written
voice with his syndicated columns) in the fight against unjust, unnecessary
city, state and federal  laws. He has motivated so many of us to speak out
against them.

        It is imperative that we help him now.

         We can do that by voicing our opinion and let the radio station
know that they have made the WRONG decision in taking Steve Dale and Pet
Central off the air.

         If we can show the station that he was listened to by a BIG VOCAL
audience, we just might be able to get him back on the air. . WE CAN MAKE A
DIFFERENCE...but we need you all to call or email today or tomorrow THE
EARLIER THE BETTER !!!

        The person that is fielding calls is Ms Carol Hankner she is
administrative assistant for the Program Director Kevin Metheny AND the
General Manager Tom Langmyer at WGN Radio. She is relaying messages to them.
To reach Ms Hackner call during normal business hours central standard time
312 222 4700  ask for Carol Hankner and you will be transferred .Please be
polite, she sounded very nice.  She will take you messages to these two
executives.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        If you would rather EMAIL send your message to  CHANKNER@xxxxxxxxxxx
        (CHANKNER AT Tribune.com)

        Sample email ( PLEASE REPHRASE...but you get the idea) :

        Dear Mr Langmyer and Mr. Metheny:

        I am writing to ask you to please consider reinstating Steve Dale
and the Pet Central Show on Sunday nights.  Steve's program has done so very
much for the listening audience, and his knowledge of animals, behavior, and
direction regarding pet care should not be silenced.

        He has been such a valuable asset to the listening audience for more
than a decade and I want you to know that you are loosing many of the
listeners that were glued to the WGN Radio each Sunday night for his
program.

        Thank you for your consideration.

        XXXXXX
        Anywhere, State

 Ginger Cleary,Rome, GA  www.rihadin.com
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of
individual liberty have been eroded. F.von Hayek
Member GSDCA
Member Sawnee Mtn Kennel Club
GA Director RDOES.