[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: Help Chicago Dog Owners, more info

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 20:49:39 EDT

Emphasizing that these are the email addresse to which you send your
organization's name to be included in the opposition of forced sterilization of
pets
in Chicago.   I know that they will answer any question you might have, too.
Stormy

From the post below:
"We are asking dog owners and club officers to contact our local organizers
to coordinate with and support the newly forming Chicago group. They are Karen
Perry (ouilmette4@sbcglobaouilm), Margo Milde (mrm1206@xxxxxxxxx) and Michele
Smith (msmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx). "

Begin forwarded message:

From: "John Yates" <jtyates@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: August 29, 2008 2:14:57 PM PDT
Subject: Help Chicago Dog Owners

Please Help Chicago Dog Owners

by JOHN YATES
American Sporting Dog Alliance
http://www.americanhttp://www.amerihttp://
asda@xxxxxxxxxxxx

CHICAGO â?? Dog and cat owners in the windy city need your help to fight a
devastating ordinance that would force them to spay or neuter their pets,
invade
the privacy of their lives and seriously harm fanciers of purebred companion
animals. This issue is expected to come to a head before City Council in early
September.

The American Sporting Dog Alliance is giving our full support to a newly
forming group of Chicagoland pet owners, who are fighting to save their dogs
and
cats from a well-financed campaign spearheaded by radical animal rights groups.
They need the support of individual dog owners, and also clubs, groups and
organizations that want to put their name on a rapidly growing list of
opponents
to the legislation (see below).

The Chicagoland group also will play a vital role in the near future, as this
kind of dog-unfriendly legislation is being planned for the entire
metropolitan area.

Statewide legislation attacking the right of dog ownership also is being
ramrodded in the Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin legislature, and we will be on
the frontlines of these battles, too.

We are asking dog owners and club officers to contact our local organizers to
coordinate with and support the newly forming Chicago group. They are Karen
Perry (ouilmette4@sbcglobaouilm), Margo Milde (mrm1206@xxxxxxxxx) and Michele
Smith (msmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

For individuals, your personal participation is crucial. Also, please contact
your friends and members and officers of any clubs or organizations you
belong to that can help. These include dog clubs, sportsmenâ??s clubs,
farmersâ??
groups and firearms rights organizations. Hunters, farmers and firearms
enthusiasts know that these kinds of laws stem from animal rights groups that
also want
to eliminate hunting, raising animals for food and the right to keep and bear
arms.

It is very important for dog owners to volunteer their assistance before City
Council meets again in early September. This ordinance can be stopped if
strong opposition arises from every neighborhood in Chicago, and from all
segments
of the dog community.

Here is a list of organizations that are actively opposing the proposed
Chicago ordinance. Please seriously consider adding your organizationâ??Here is
list of or

American College of Theriogenologists

American Sporting Dog Alliance

Chicago Veterinary Medical Association

Illinois State Veterinary Medical Association

National Animal Interest Alliance

Agility Ability Club of Illinois

Alabama Canine Coalition, Inc.

American Bouvier Rescue League

American Brittany Club

American Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club

American Miniature Schnauzer Club

American Rottweiler Club

American Shetland Sheepdog Association

American Sporting Dog Alliance

Austin Kennel Club, The

Barbary Coast bull Terrier Club

Basenji Club of America

Basenji Club of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc., The

BC Dog Training Club

Bluewater Bouvier Club of Michigan

Bull Terrier Club of America

California Federation of Dog Clubs

California Handlers' Advanced Obedience School

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club of Greater Chicago

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club, USA, Inc., The

Chicago Miniature Schnauzer Club

Chicago Miniature Schnauzer Club Rescue

Chicago/Suburban Cairn Terrier Club

Chicagoland Bichon Frise Club, Inc.

Chicagoland Old English Sheepdog Club

Chinese Shar Pei Club of America

Coalition of Animal Husbandry and Ethical ADvocates (C-AHEAD)

Collie Rescue of Greater IL

Doberman Pinscher Club of America

Dog Federation of Wisconsin

El Paso German Shepherd Dog Club, The

Englsih Springer Spaniel Field Trial Association

Eugene Kennel Club, The

Fanciers Cocker Spaniel Club of So. Wisconsin

Feline Friends Internationale Club

Flat-coated Retriever Club of Illinois

For Your Canine Sports Club

Four Lakes German Shorthaired Pointer Club

Fox Terrier Club of Chicago

Fox Valley Dog Training Club, Inc

German Shepherd Dog Club of West Ky

German Shepherd Dog Club of Austin

German Shepherd Rescue, Inc.

German Shorthaired Pointer Club of America

Giant Schnauzer Club of America

Great Lakes Irish Setter Rescue

Great Lakes Leonberger Club

Great Lakes All Terrier Association

Great Lakes Toy Club

Harmony House for Cats

Heart of America Samoyed Club

Illini German Shepherd Dog Club, Inc.

Illinois Cocker Rescue

Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus

International Kennel Club (IKC)

Indian Creek Schutzhund Club

Indian Nations Basenji Club

International Havana Brown Socity

Irish Setter Club of Southern California

Irish Terrier Club of Chicago

Kennel Club of Yorkville

Kerry Blue Terrier Club of Chicago

Lincoln State Cat Club

Lincoln State Longhair Fanciers

Lincoln State Shorthair Society

Little Fort Kennel Club

Los Padres Obedience Club, The

Medallion Rottweiler Club

Metropolitan Baltimore Doberman Pinscher Club

Midwest Akita Rescue Society

Missouri Federation of Animal Owners

Moraine Tracking Club

National Pitbull Terrier Association

Norfolk and Norwich Terrier Club

Northeastern Illinois Bouvier des Flandres Club

Nothern California Samoyed Fanciers

Northern IL Samoyed Assistance, Inc

North Shore Dog Training Club

Oregon Trail Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club, Inc., The

Papillon Club of America

Pfanciers United for Fun

Pomeranian Club of Michigan, Inc

Pyles of Smiles Samoyed Rescue, Inc.

Rand Park Dog Training Club

Responsible Dog Owners of the Western States

Responsible Dog Owners Alliance

Rip Curl Weight Pullers

Rockford-Freeport Illinois Kennel Club

Samoyed Club of America

San Diego Dog Fanciers

Santa Maria/San Luis Bay GSD

SAOVA

Scottish Terrier Club of Chicago

Scott County Kennel Club

Shoreline German Shepherd Club

Siberian Husky Club of Greater Chicago

Silver State Kennel Club

Soft Coated Wheaten Terrrier Club of America, The

Southern California Alaskan Malamute Club

Southern California Den Dogs

Southern California Dog Obedience Council

Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of America

Topline German Shepherd Dog Club

Trinity Valley Weimaraner Club

Turbo Kees Foundation, Keeshond Rescue

Turkish Angora Fanciers, International

United National Weight Pull Association

United Schutzhund clubs of America

United States Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Others

Western Boston Terrier Club, The

West Highland White Terrier Club of SE Texas

West Highland White Terrier Club of America

We the People Pets

Wisconsin Association of Field Trial Clubs

Wisconsin English Springer Spaniel Association

The American Sporting Dog Alliance represents owners, breeders and
professionals who work with breeds of dogs that are used for hunting. We
welcome people
who work with other breeds, too, as legislative issues affect all of us. We
are a grassroots movement working to protect the rights of dog owners, and to
assure that the traditional relationships between dogs and humans maintains its
rightful place in American society and life.

PLEASE CROSS-POST AND FORWARD THIS REPORT TO YOUR FRIENDS

Have You Joined Yet?
The American Sporting Dog Alliance
http://www.americanhttp://www.amerihttp://

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel
deal here.