[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: GSDCA BYLAWS PROPOSAL/Representation

  • From: "Pam Stoesser" <pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 23:59:54 -0500

Interesting topic for all of us, I think.  So....... I looked at where the
membership lives using the roster information from the end of July since I'm
the one who creates it for the website.  You might be interested.

Regions 1, 2, 3 (eastern 20 states & Puerto Rico):   1124 Members  (41% of
the membership)
Regions 4, 5, 6 (middle 16 states):     977 Members (Great Lakes)  (35% of
the membership)
Regions 7, 8, 9 ((western 14 states & Canada):     665 Members (24% of the
membership)

These numbers change if you set the boundaries in thirds of the country
which moves Regions 4, 5 6 higher and both Regions 1, 2, 3 and Regions 7, 8,
9 lower.  The regions map is on GSDCA.org under 'Events',
'Futurity/Maturity', 'Litter Nominations'  at the bottom of the page.
Alternatively, you can paste this link into your browser
(https://www.gsdca.org/events/futuritymaturity-information/litter-nominations/731-futuritymaturity-states-per-region).

If my geography is correct, St. Louis is at the bottom left of the orange
(Region 5) area.

It seems to me that the motion is not about how to allocate the Board but
rather whether we need so many directors.  We, the membership, have means to
let them know how we feel through email and phone calls and conference calls
that weren't available when the Club was created.  Now we have
teleconferencing and members who can 'attend' board meetings and this will
only get better as video conferencing improves.

I think most of us care because we love this breed and want to do what's
best for it.  I think we should get the best directors we can, regardless of
where they live.