[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: FW: [AmericanFederationofAvicultureMembers] Digest Number 1379

  • From: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 15:46:03 -0500 (EST)

____________________________________
 From: barbpaur@xxxxx
To: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx
Sent: 3/2/2012 7:46:06 P.M.  Mountain Standard Time
Subj: FW: [AmericanFederationofAvicultureMembers]  Digest Number 1379

>  "State of South Dakota
> Eighty-seventh session
> Legislation  Assembly 2012
>
> 174T0313 House Concurrent Resolution No.  1006
>
> Introduced by: Representatives Fargen, Brunner, Conzet,  Cronin,
> Dennert, Feickert, Gibson, Greenfield, Hawley, Hoffman,  Hunhoff (Bernie),
> Iron Cloud III, Jones, Killer, Kirschman, Kloucek,  Kopp, Lucas, Lust,
> Nelson (Stace), Olson (Betty), Rausch, Russell,  Schaefer, Schrempp,
> Sigdestad, Street, Turbiville, Vanneman, Verchio,  White, Wink, and Wismer
> and Senators Krebs, Begalka, Bradford, Brown,  Frerichs, Gray, Hansen
(Tom),
> Hundstad, Juhnke, Lederman, Maher,  Nelson (Tom), Olson (Russell),
> Rampelberg, Rave, Rhoden, Schlekeway,  Sutton, and Vehle
>
> A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION, in opposition to  certain actions by animal
rights
> groups to undermine agricultural  producers.
>
> WHEREAS, South Dakota's rich history is primarily  based on agriculture
> and agricultural products; and
>
>  WHEREAS, South Dakota's economy is largely based on agricultural goods
>  and services; and
>
> WHEREAS, agriculture has a twenty-one  billion dollar impact on our
> state economy; and
>
>  WHEREAS, our rural heritage and future well-being depend primarily on
>  a strong agricultural base; and
>
> WHEREAS, animal agriculture is  a critical component of South Dakota's
> economy and agricultural  infrastructure; and
>
> WHEREAS, farmers and ranchers understand  the importance of humane
> treatment and care
> of all farm  animals; and
>
> WHEREAS, misleading information has negatively  impacted the
> agriculture industry; and
>
> WHEREAS,  extreme animal rights organizations pose a significant risk
> to  agricultural producers and the agricultural community in South Dakota
>  and in the nation as a whole:
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED,  by the House of Representatives of the
> Eighty-seventh Legislature of  the State of South Dakota, the Senate
> concurring therein, opposes any  attempt for any ballot initiative or acts
> by the Humane Society of the  United States, People for the Ethical
> Treatment of Animals, and other  animal rights groups that would undermine
> the livelihood of  agricultural producers."
>
>  ------------**---------**---------**---------**--
> ANYONE INTERESTED IN  CONTACTING
> THEIR LOCAL STATE REPRESENTATIVES?**??

_Back to top  _ (mip://006cb9b0/default.html#toc)

_Reply to sender  _
(mailto:sherbuckner@xxxxxxxxx?Subject=Re:%20SD%20BILL%20opposes%20any%20attempt%20for%20any%20ballot%20initiative%20or%20acts%20by)

| _Reply to group  _
(mailto:AmericanFederationofAvicultureMembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=%20Re:%20SD%20BILL%20opposes%20any%20attempt%20for%20any%20ba
llot%20initiative%20or%20acts%20by) | _Reply via web post  _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AmericanFederationofAvicultureMembers/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJzZnZv
MTk4BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIzODg0NDQwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA4Mjk4OARtc2dJZAMy
MDAxOQRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMzMwNjc3MTcx?act=reply&messageNum=20
019)
_Messages in this topic _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AmericanFederationofAvicultureMembers/message/20015;_ylc=X3oDMTM4cDFqc3ZxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycE
lkAzIzODg0NDQwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA4Mjk4OARtc2dJZAMyMDAxOQRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdn
RwYwRzdGltZQMxMzMwNjc3MTcxBHRwY0lkAzIwMDE1) (4)

2c.

_Re:  SD BILL opposes any attempt for any ballot initiative or acts by  _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AmericanFederationofAvicultureMembers/message/2
0020;_ylc=X3oDMTJzYmp1YTFuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIzODg0NDQwBGdycHNwSWQDMT
cwNTA4Mjk4OARtc2dJZAMyMDAyMARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMzMwNjc3MTcx)