[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: Ch. Eagle Valley's Big Blue REST IN PEACE

  • From: leslie dancosse <lld2606@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 21:36:09 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: leslie dancosse <lld2606@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 9:19 PM
Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Ch. Eagle Valley's Big Blue REST IN PEACE
To: onaluzlead@xxxxxxx
Cc: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dennis Mulligan was the breeder/owner of Blue, he was a beautiful young dog
with a heart of gold, this
dog we believe, chased and went after a bear on and off Dennis' property; at
the same time a car was heading
down the street leaving his block when the two met. The dog was hit with too
much speed and force,
he died instantly.  Dennis was and has been devastated by this accident.
Blue was campaigned very little, starting the fall of
last year, going to FL, winning 2 majors in a highly competitive week...and
then achieving his Championship back in Charlotte NC,
the weekend of the SE Futurity in less than a flash. He was shown by George,
Leslie and Olivia at different times...
and was to be specialed at this years National by George.Blue had  a very
promising
future and it had just begun...he was just barely 2 years old.
This nightmare ends when from the mouth of babes his 11 year old daughter
Mary, ran outside and found her dad in the midst of the crowd
to hug him cause he was holding Blue in the street screaming and
crying...all the neighbors were out and crowded around him, along with his
shocked family...Mary put her hand on his shoulder and said,"Daddy, God
needed Blue tonight for something bigger...please don't be sad..." What do
you say from that??? That's what we teach
our children and we need to believe that too...Still...So so sad...I spoke
with Dennis on my way home from Canada...he is still down in the dumps..I
would like to do a memorial
for him...too many good people are leaving our breed, Dennis has overcome
many things...and was excited to have such
a beautiful dog to have some fun with in the ring and we have all been there
with the loss and pain of some kind of accident, and if he
see's such thoughtfulness maybe it would help him feel better. So if anyone
would like to contribute...send what you can...to me...and we can
get a nice memorial in the Review for Blue and Dennis...thanks for your time
 On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Donna <onaluzlead@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I like to take a minute to comment on this.

Havingbeen a part of this dogs beginning career I too can tell you what
Donna wrote is fact, this dog was a force to be reckoned with at a young age
and I believe sooner than later he would of been Grand Victor in both
country's. He had that IT factor, that here I am look at me kind of
showmanship.  He was a pleasure to show, he was one of those dogs that made
us handlers look good.  He affected all those he came into contact
with.  That is why I feel someone is being left out of this and thisperson
is Amanda.  I got to see first hand how he truly adored Donna and his dad,
Dennis, but at what turns out to be his last show I saw in that dogs eyes
how he truly adored Amanda and I know how much she adored him.
Having said that when I first heard of this I didn't believe it I really
thought it was someone being cruel because the dog was obviously competition
to us all this year.  So I waited a week or so and more people told me the
same thing and i just couldn't believe it. So in Canada I sat down with
Donna and she told me the whole thing and I am so sorry for Dennis, Donna
and Amanada.  So you can count me in on that Memorial.  Those of you who
didn't get to see him missed out on something great and I think Dennis's
daughter, Mary, had it right God did need something special and he got it.
God speed Blue
Leslie