[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Fwd: California AB 1634 Healthy Pets Act]

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 12:57:27 EDT

Thank you, Ginger for posting that.   I had it copied to post as it was one
of the best posts to "go Forward, don't look back" posts that I had read this
morning.   I will add her final paragraphs, as I think they are vital to our
fight.   It is NOT just our dogs, guys...NOT just the cats.
Here's the rest of Genny Wall's post this a.m.

A NOTE TO THE BIRD LISTS

I will be sending legislative forwards and providing information  to this
list in the future that is NOT strictly bird related, but it has  everything
do with YOUR RIGHT to keep animals in the way you and your vets  think is
appropriate.   So if you don't want to read that type of  material, use your
delete
key.   But when you are left standing alone  and the "animal rights" wackos
come after your birds' gonads ("What", you say,  "Just you wait a minute
there
- that is a dangerous operation and not suitable  for my bird !!! "  .....
"Too bad", they say, "there is an overpopulation  of birds" ...... and when
they
say "You don't have the right to keep  birds in cages")  ......  don't expect
the dog and cat people to be  there for you if you don't stand up for them
now.

Thank you again to all of those who are engaged in the battle for our  rights
to keep our animals.

Genny Wall
"After many  years of battles, I have learned to, and have worked very hard
to, remain civil,
even in the face of idiots, bigots, thugs, and  liars, and have carefully
honed the skill of  saying  "yes Your Honor, I know you would like to skin my
client  alive, but this is why you should not".  "
--- Genny Wall

In a message dated 6/7/07 9:48:42 AM, cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>   Cross posting to any ANTI AB 1634 lists permitted.
>
>   TODAY'S VOTE:
>
>   The vote in the Assembly Floor tonight was reported to be 41 YES, to 38
> NO - so now AB 1634 moves out of the Assembly to the Senate.

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs
www.cfodconline.org