[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: [CAPLA] DECORUM FOR THE HEARING IN SACTO

  • From: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:18:44 EDT

In a message dated 7/10/2007 10:10:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
georgebell123@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

PLEASE CROSS POST AND FORWARD

This information needs to get out to everyone who is planning on
attending the hearing on AB 1634 on July 11th.

It is very important that we, the opposition, exhibit the utmost in
decorum throughout the entire proceedings-decorum throughout the entire

Please do not engage any supporter in conversation. We do not need to
convince them that they are wrong nor do we need to convince them that
we are not the "bad" breeders. We have been painted throughout this
entire process as RUDE, LOUD, OBNOXIOUS, and UNWILLING TO LISTEN TO REASON.

Levine, on more than one occasion, has pointed out to the crowd during
the hearings when noise from the opposition has been heard. We CANNOT
give him that opportunity on Wednesday.

Whether you are in the hearing room or the hallway, DO NOT APPLAUD for
the opposition speakers or any of the senate members when they are
making statements. DO NOT HISS OR BOO the supportive speakers or any of
the senate members or Levine when they are making statements. BE QUIET
and RESPECTFUL.

This cannot be stressed enough and it has to get through the crowd.
Unfortunately, any perception of unruliness or rudeness can be
interpreted as a reason to favor the passage of the bill because it
exudes hostility. As angry as we are, we must contain it to our own
quiet resentment and save it for our personal expression away from the
Capitol building.

We will make a statement by our presence. Our voices will be reflected
in the testimony. All of the rest of us need to be silently strong.

Again, tomorrow will be an emotional day for everyone. No matter the
outcome, we have a long road so we must present ourselves as the
professional, intelligent animal experts we want the rest of the world
to see.

Laura Finco
NORCAL Golden Retriever Club Legislative Liaison
Concerned Dog Owners of California
www.cdoca.org