[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: BESTEST

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, uwish@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 16:35:17 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/2007 1:28:55 P.M. Central Daylight Time, =20
uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
=20
What fun.  I hope a lot of people respond.  Lots of memories and  thought=20
questions too
Carol Moore

BESTEST =E2=80=93 (Old English word meaning BEST)

1) Best place that  a GSD National was ever held. Georgia - Albany, OG

2) Best intersex judge that ever  judged at a GSD National. Ed Barritt - =20
Ralph  Roberts

3) Best overall Grand Victor of all time. Quick   -  Marhaven's Color Guard

4)  Best overall Grand Victrix of all time. OMG way too many, but without =20
seeing her in person, and just looking at her picture, I thought =20
Fetuccini looked gorgeous.  One of my favorites - Lynrick's Krystal - She=20
could really do it  all

5) Best overall male that never had a GV title.  Ironsides (Charlie)  -=20
Sundance Kid (Bear) &  Brentary's Gunner

6) Best overall female that never had  a GVX title. FV Ch Doppelt Tay's - CH=
.=20
 Covy-Tucker Hills's Angelic
Gilda

7) Best GSD  handler of all time. LaMar Kuhns   Jimmy  Moses

8) Best GSD ambassador (someone who has gone  above and beyond the=20
service to our breed). Then: Bob Penny, Now: Dawn  Restuccia -    Barbara =20
Wiliams

9) Best GSDCA president of all time. Can't  answer that for I've only=20
been back in the breed now for three  years.             BOB Hamilton

10) Best hotels to stay at  when traveling to dog shows. Holiday Inn Express=
=20
- Holiday Inns

11) Best restaurant to eat  at when traveling to dog shows. Cracker=20
Barrel because they're reasonable  and good.    Any good buffet that has =20
chicken liver for dog treats

12) Best advice you ever  received from a breeder, judge or handler. was=20
a breeder (who I co/owned a  male with) who told
me that he will get pulled apart, talked about and  blamed for=20
everything. She told me when I can't come up with an answer to  these=20
"not so nice people", just blame it all on her. She was right about =20
these people and I did blame it all on her. hehehe!  - From a famous judge:=20
"It is Not a liver  transplant"

13) Best part about belonging to the GSDCA.  The Review!   The members, I=20
think they are  great

14) Best reason to own a GSD. To teach us the  character that we should=20
all strive to achieve in ourselves!   -  To have unfailing love and a toasty=
=20
footwarmer in  winter

15) Best reason not to own a GSD. To capitalize  and profit from them=20
while giving them little more than the bare  necessities in life.  -  German=
=20
shepherds  are  addictive, you always want more
16) Best dog that you wish were still alive today so you could breed to =20
him: GV Mannix of Fran-Jo  Maybe Gotti, does not  necessarily  mean I think=20
he is BEST, but I loved the attributes he  threw.

17) Best show dog you ever owned. BIM Ch Arbar's  Xanadu ROM  -  3XSel Ch BI=
S=20
Scharo's  Spellbinder ROM HT TC OFA

18) Best male dog you ever bred.  American & International Ch BOF Sel #3=20
Ch Chieftain's Kharu  CD        Spellbinder and Scharo's REDRUM

19) Best  bitch you ever bred. BOM Chieftain's Nuance     Scharo's FIre & Ic=
e=20
(only 3 mo.  old)

20) Best thing you want to be remembered for  pertaining to the GSD=20
breed. That I was there for the little guy, by helping  and encouraging=20
them and making them believe that they could when they  thought that they=20
couldn't.- That I bred typy GSD,  sound of body and temperament, that were=20
loved by their families and healthy  enough to live with them for many years=
. =20
Winning the show ring is just  icing.

21) Best lesson you=E2=80=99ve learned from dealing with  people in the GSD=20
breed. Most are a passionate group of people who are  highly competitive=20
looking for self actualization, and recognition by their  peers and will=20
do most anything to achieve it. And the lesson =20
learned.....................never trust a "secret" to your competitor =20
for you've just given them a weapon to defeat you! hehehehe!  -   That your=20
opinions about German Shepherds will probably  differ, but all truly love th=
e=20
breed and we Can all be  friends.