[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: Advice to AKC< UKC<CKC and us ...quite long

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 10:53:20 -0800

He has some wise words, and from a list that has booted more than one person
off for discussing legislation awhile back!!!!  (I was warned...:-)  I wish
these words could be on everybody's mirror and on every refrigerator door.
 It's up to ALL of us, not me, not just you, but ALL of us.
"If you belong to other lists, please cross post this message ... and don't
consider your job done when you've cross posted."

Long, gets into it a few paragraphs down

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crossposted w/permission from another list:

From: Gregory Alden Betor <gregroycollies@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: March 3, 2009 12:58:57 AM EST

Should Ted and Beverly Paul support HSUS? They can and they should if, as Ted
Paul obviously does, they think it's the best thing to do.

That does not mean we have to, or in my opinion should support their efforts.
Rather I would like to see AKC remove this man's license [in my humble opinion,
and knowing him personally, it would be no loss to the show world or to the
world of Collies] for actions prejudicial to the sport of pure bred dogs.  I
would like to see the Collie Club of America boot him as well for the same
reason. I would like to see his judging totally boycotted by all clear thinking
people.  I would like to see local clubs notified that if he appears on a
judging program you (collectively) will not enter their show.

I don't support either PETA or HSUS but I don't deny Ted and Beverly Paul the
right to do so ... mistaken as I think that is.  We're a diverse country; we,
as a people, often see subjects from several different points of view.  But the
right to belong to whatever group you wish [provided they do not attempt the
overthrow of our government] is one of the strengths of this proud land.  It
doesn't mean that although you have the right to join a group, I have to
support the group; I may support your right but not your choice!

I wish that AKC, UKC, CKC, and the other registries would unite in their
efforts to mount an aggressive attack against HSUS and PETA rather than
worrying about their portion of the dog show "turf".  At the rate that HSUS and
PETA collect money, there will be no dog show "turf" if the various registries
do not become "pro-active" and cease to permit HSUS and PETA to call the shots.

I would like to see every member of this list write AKC to demand that they
take action against the enemy ... and I believe HSUS to be an enemy to our way
of life.  I would also urge each and every member of this list to write to
their US Senators, US Representative, Secretaries of Agriculture and Commerce,
Governor,State Legislators, County Supervisors, Mayor, City Council Members, to
make your position known.

Unless we (each and every one of us) actively step up to the plate and swing
the bat in an attempt to thwart the efforts of the animal rightists, we will
loose not only the battle but the war.  Our parent Clubs, AKC, and the other
registries, need to worry less about their self interests than they do about a
common enemy at the moment.

If you belong to other lists, please cross post this message ... and don't
consider your job done when you've cross posted.  Lets start the flow of
letters.  Talk to every dog, cat, and animal owner you know.  Make them aware
of the threat.

If you're a rancher, goat herder, dairy farmer, sheep rancher (or if you know
any) point out the danger to your fellows.  Engage them, enrage them, enlist
them!

We need action from each and every one of you.  Let's become pro-active so that
when an ordinance is introduced locally or a bill is introduced in your state
or in Congress, your representatives already know how you feel.  Let them know
of the numbers of pet owners in this country that oppose the legislation
written by the animal rightists under the guise of animal welfare.  Let them
know that the system is not broken and that there is no need to fix something
which is not broken.

Don't be afraid to praise the breeders of pure bred animals, be they dogs,
cats, cattle, goats, sheep, horses or whatever.  Don't be afraid to
tell your story and why you are a breeder or an owner.  Enlist your buyers in
telling their representatives why they want a pet.  Share the stories of your
successes, not only as a breeder, but as someone who has brought joy to
families who have purchased pure bred dogs.

Perhaps, we here on LDJ can begin to turn the tide if  we become missionaries
and spread, with zeal, the damage the two groups can do to the American Way Of
Life!!!

Gregory Alden Betor

--
Stormy Hope