[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: [2015 GSDCA NATIONAL - THE UNOFFICAL NATIONAL SITE] Tragedy averted

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 09:20:39 -0700

I am at the arena at 7:00 am. The only person in the place is Lennie and the
people setting up the cameras. There are two of them and they seem to know what
they are doing. The ring look great and longer than last year, there is no
performance on the end.

They are not set up for the announcer's table yet, so there is nothing for me
to do.

Last night at 9:30, Mr. Exxon, (Pat Draper), appeared at our door with a bag of
White Castle hamburgers. Now, that made me laugh. It seems that Celeste, who is
one of the most health concious people I know, loves the White Castle burgers.
Go figure.

It is cold out, about 50, but comfortable inside here. It is going to be
interesting to do this without Bob (The Voice of The National). Karen Taylor
came by, and Lennie and I were talking about his rig, evidently he has a full
house he travels with. He always has been a good friend, and like so many
people, I wish I could see them more than one time a year.

I hate that life gets in the way of dog shows.

No one seems to be thinking of setting up a speaker's table, so maybe I will be
doing this from my lap top. That works for me, but who knows about a
connection. I know I can tether from my phone, but I need to find a 12 year old
to show me how to do it. Speaking of kids, it is strange not to have Summer
here. But, she is acting in television shows now. Both her and her brother are
starting to get parts. I felt I had done too much for Summer, so I decided to
buy something for her brother Adam. So, Tedi and I took a full set of drums to
his house. We left as soon as he set them up. His parents haven't talked to me
since.

I see a few people starting to wander in, mostly the vendors. Now I have to
figure out what to do to get someone to set up our table. I see Art Sinclair is
here. I heard there was a problem in that they shut down San Francisco airport,
but he must have gotten out. More from the show.

Evan L.Ginsburg
Click here: 2014 GSDCA NATIONAL - THE UNOFFICAL NATIONAL SITE
<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>
Click here: GSD Youth Recognition Fund
<http://www.dogshowjuniors.com/jindex.html>
Click here: Welcome to Asgard's German Shepherds <http://www.asgardgsd.com/>

--
Posted By SHOWGSD-L to 2015 GSDCA NATIONAL - THE UNOFFICAL NATIONAL SITE
<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/2015/10/tragedy-averted.html> at 10/14/2015