[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fw: recent posts about Hobby breeding

  • From: Kate Syssoloff <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: izaackerman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:42:52 -0700 (MST)

I moved too, from my first NEW home I loved so much...run out of town by the
pound and city hall because of zoning...to where we are now on 5 acres and have
been for 28 years.  The pound is 2 properties away from me.  They did phone to
make an appointment to inspect my facilities.  I'm always happy to show my
small kennel.  [I'm better than the zoo, I'm free! lol]  So they arrived, and
asked lots of questions, saw the dogs and were introduced to each one
personally, studied their runs indoors and outdoors.  Finally, they broke down
and were friendly., leaving saying they wished they could have a place like
mine one day.  A little kennel that was originally an unfinished detached
double garage.  We finished it, cut the concrete through the walls for hatches,
lay down drainage piping and brought in a water line, installed chain link to
make 4 10x10 indoor runs and poured concrete as a floor covered with rubber
horse mats topped with clean stallion shavings.  Bought gates that were wide
enough for a small tractor to squeeze through for outside run maintenance and
lay down limestone.  Best rock I have ever used, it doesn't move.  Some runs
are 50' x 20 wide, some are much much larger.  Kept the place neat and tidy and
painted.  Music on, heat in winter, A/C in summer.  A lot more went into this
little kennel to keep the runs perfectly puddle free, but this is to say, that
it doesn't have to be a fancy kennel building that costs a fortune.  With fans
and good ventilation, you can put it together quite well.

Kate Syssoloff
Rockannand