[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fw: [ecfanciers] anybody seen this? And, is it true? Very sad.

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wjbj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:13:23 -0400

    That same Shiba breeder has informed me (as of this morning) that
everything in the post is accurate EXCEPT that Peta was not involved.
(this time)
    It was all caused by a joke between friends and fueled by a some
unknowledgeable visitors. I don't know the order that they happened... A
person with a boxer was putting his dog in the crate and a friend walked
by and jokingly asked what he was doing to the dog, was he with PETA and
he jokingly answered Yeah, I'm with PETA... Someone overheard and that
is how that part got started...

Then some visitors to the show were taking a picture of a bloodhound  in
a crate, the crate was plenty big, the dog was clean and healthy and
happily chewing on a bone... One of the visitors, obviously ignorant
about  how dogs love their crates, said oh poor dog in a cage... This
group also was
not with PETA and they did get a bit of an education about dogs and
crates...

The Franklin Show Committee did an excellent job handling the scare...

This is a another example of how rumors get started and how much trouble
they can cause, :... I understand that it did bring all the dog
people together to watch each others dogs and be on the lookout... Looks
like saying "peta" at a dog show now has the same effect as saying "bomb"
in an airport.

    I sent the original post to this list yesterday, and I think I have
already corrected it...but maybe Bill can send the correction to his
Engie list now.........
let me also say that warnings ARE out that PETA will be on site at
Louisville.........
   Peggy