[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fw: Trainer Referral

  • From: "Joan Fox" <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:24:37 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

 Can anyone help this person?=0D
 =0D
Joan F. Fox=0D
 =0D
http://campaignergsds.netfirms.com=0D
440-543-9165=0D
440-759-4119=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: Jennifer Morrison=0D
Date: 11/16/04 18:34:08=0D
To: campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
Subject: Trainer Referral=0D
 =0D
My name is Jennifer Morrison from the Pittsburgh area.  I found your e-ma=
il=0D
address on the website for German Shepherds Rescue and thought that you=0D
might know someone who can help.  My mother and step-father have a German=
=0D
Shepherds that they adopted two years ago from the Butler County Humane=0D
Society.  Recently, she attacked a neighbor biting her on the leg and=0D
shoulder.  These were not nips, but forceful bites. The police were notif=
ied=0D
and most likely the dog will be designated "dangerous dog".  Mattie (the=0D
dog) has never exhibited any behavior of this sort.  However, over the pa=
st=0D
couple years she has become increasingly protective of my mother and=0D
especially my step-father.  For example, Mattie does bark loudly if anyon=
e=0D
pushes or bear hugs them and has occasionally gone as far as to grab=0D
someone's shirt sleeve for doing this.  My guess (it is just a guess) is=0D
that Mattie felt that the neighbor was a threat because she was=0D
power-walking (rapidly swinger arms, hands held in fists) toward my paren=
ts'=0D
driveway while my step-father was taking the garbage to the curb.=0D
It has been suggested to them that they put the dog down.  My mother and=0D
step-father are devastated over the possibility of losing their dog.  My=0D
hope is that you know someone closer to the Pittsburgh area who (1) knows=
=0D
the breed well, has a lot of experience in training dogs, and who can ass=
ess=0D
Mattie's temperament to determine if she should be euthanized or simply=0D
placed in a more appropriate home and (2) give private lessons to my pare=
nts=0D
so that they can learn to train and handle their dog if it is not necessa=
ry=0D
for her to be euthanized.=0D
Thank you for your help.=0D
Jennifer Morrison=0D