[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fw: [TX_RPOA_E-News] Texas Breeder License Committee Meeting Report

  • From: Diane Brantley <texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:00:05 -0700 (PDT)

BISS Ch. Echo-Cham's River Phoenix OFA H&E AKA "River"
BISS GCh. Ch. Da-Jo's Crestview Ironman,RN, OFA H&E AKA "Tony Stark"
Candia's Hard Rock Candy v Tejas AKA "Rocky"
Echo-Cham's Satin Doll v Tejas AKA "Dolly"

From: Lori Teller
Dear All,
I am sorry that I could not attend today's meeting. I hope it went well
and much good was accomplished. I sincerely believe that all of you are a
dedicated bunch; however, effective immediately, I am resigning my position
on the Advisory Committee. I have put much thought and soul-searching into
this, and I have become disillusioned with the process. Unfortunately, I do
not feel that we are going down the right road to improve animal welfare by
stopping puppy mill breeders while encouraging the good breeders to
continue. I think we are driving the good breeders out of business and
sending the bad breeders underground, where they will continue to crank out
unhealthy animals and continue the cycle of neglect and abuse. The breeders
who do seriously care about the animals they raise and improving the breeds
they are passionate about will either be out of business, or at the least,
out of state. Certainly, we are not making life better for either the
citizens or the animals of Texas.

I greatly appreciate getting to work with each of you. This has been an
incredible learning experience for me, and I will certainly be observing how
things progress in the future.
Yours truly,
Lori Teller, DVM, DABVP (canine/feline), CVJ
Meyerland Animal Clinic
4995 W. Bellfort
Houston, TX 77035
Subscribe to this announcement only email list to stay informed regarding
all Texas animal issues by emailing:
mailto:TX_RPOA_E-News-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com
Donate with PayPal or mail in:
www.rpoatexasoutreach.org

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:        * New Members 5
Visit Your Group
RPOA Texas Outreach (501 C4 Nonprofit)
www.rpoatexasoutreach.org
Responsible Pet Owners Alliance (501 C3 Nonprofit)
www.responsiblepetowners.org
900 NE Loop 410 #311-D
San Antonio, TX 78209
Donations make all things possible!

Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest â?¢ Unsubscribe â?¢ Terms of Use
.