[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fw: SO CONFUSED

  • From: MORGAN LEWIS <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 15:32:14 -0800 (PST)

Disqualifications
Cropped
or hanging ears
Dogs with noses not predominantly black.
Undershot jaw.
Docked tail.
White dogs.
Any dog that attempts to bite the judge.
SHYNESS,
MISSING TEETH, OVER SHOT JAW , NON DESCENDING TESTICLES, BLUES AND LIVERS, AND
 SHORT
TAILS ARE SERIOUS FAULTS
COATED
â?? MINOR FAULT
Now my assumption when I joined the  GSDCA was that
this Club advocated the breeding of the BEST of the  BREED. Conformation,
Temperament, Health, and Work. IF our breeding stock is not composed of all of
these factors Why SHOW ?? Why have a CLUB?? Why the hell would you BREED??

Are We not suppose to be promoting the BREED? Is watering
down our requirements for ANY Award Promoting the BREED (that includes Health
Merit and CHIC)? Let the  AKC have itâ??s awards for ALL dogs; but Damnit
this CLUB should only recognize the BEST. That said it is up to the members to
determine what best represents the  BREED.
We set the  STANDARD for better or worse!!  Damn
if I understand why WHITE is a  DQ but Liver and Blue are NOT (major
faults but not DQ). Nor do I understand why a Coat with undercoat a minor fault,
when the  SV now allows it.

If I have the most beautiful  GSD in the country but he
can not HUNT; then I should not breed him.  Conversely if I have the best
Working dog but does not meet the physical Standard of the breed , I should not
breed him. This BREED was not created for just beauty; it was created for its
unique working ability and trainability!!

Morgan Lewis
678-957-4206