[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fw: Re: Keep it to yourself

  • From: Robert Freeny <rfreeny@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:40:39 -0700 (PDT)

:

It pays to advertise. This is something a lot of us can do in our own area. The
good part is it don't cost much. Take old reviews that you don't want, put your
contact information on it so interested people can contact you. Place them in
waiting rooms all over town where people can read about us. Most people I talk
with about our sport never heard of it. You might sell a puppy, invite someone
to a show, help them get involved . Like I said , it pays to advertisr! $$ Bob
Freeny

It pays to advertise. This is something a lot of us can do in our own area. The
good part is it don't cost much. Take old reviews that you don't want, put your
contact information on it so interested people can contact you. Place them in
waiting rooms all over town where people can read about us. Most people I talk
with about our sport never heard of it. You might sell a puppy, invite someone
to a show, help them get involved . Like I said , it pays to advertisr! $$ Bob
Freeny

ELG440@xxxxxxx,Ken Tank <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>,"showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <br>Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Keep it to yourself

There are problems. What are they? Here are some that I hear the most:

-Low entries (why?)
-Politics (today I put up your dog, next weekend you put up mine)
-People who don't even read the standard and their handlers make all the show
and breeding decisions.
-Mean People (personally I don't have a problem telling someone where to go and
how to get there, but not everyone is as...assertive)
-$$$$.  I think THAT is the biggest problem
-No new people. That's another very real problem. If you attend any of the
performance events (gasp!) you will see a bunch of GSD folks participating. How
is the breed ring missing out in all these very, very dedicated folks?

Now...what are the solutions???

And.....go!

Ileana
Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 21, 2014, at 10:57 AM, "Rbuffdogs ." <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> We love showing too.  We love the breed, beyond measure.  Anyone that talks
> with us, knows that is a fact. However we keep our eyes open, when we see
> issues, be it with dogs or with the system in general. We are STILL showing,
> and God will will be for a good long time. We encourage new people, and love
> to see the public at the shows, to the point of nearly missing classes, from
> gabbing with them. lol  I don't know why people are vilified, or having
> critical viewpoints is vilified, regarding the dogs or dog shows. No one is
> pointing out individuals, clubs or dogs by name.
> There are problems, when the 2nd most popular breed in the AKC is showing
> such abysmal numbers.  If you want to argue that look at the new AKC Points
> Schedule for this region. To fix things we have to acknowledge there is a
> problem.
is Copyrighted 2014.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html

http://showgsd.org/mail.html