[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fw: GSDCA site needs and facts

  • From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:46:18 -0700 (PDT)

My mailbox is full of individual mails and I am responding to all in order to
catch up.

This attachment is what I, and my show site committee (9) of judges and
handlers and exhibitors, and a past show site chair spread across the country
used as a criteria.

We also used the 2004 membership poll in the Review as a guide. In it, rotation
was emphasized in the replies and no coastal shows were requested among other
things.

I sent the above to all the Specialty clubs and many individual exhibitors also
to ask if they knew of something suitable.

I also traveled to over 20 states and investigated over 200 sites in looking
for places to fullfill these requirements. my leasing company loved the extra
6,000 on my car when I turned it in!
The sites we found were Ohio (2009) and Utah (2010) and I am hopeful you will
love them!

We worked to keep the 3 year selection ahead as the Board requested.

We did studies of where the membership and the exhibitors lived by state in
order to accommodate as many as possible.
We did a study of where the hub airlines were as that is the only way
exhibitors can fly dogs in.
I can send these to the list or any individuals if requested.

Costs were a major consideration as looking ahead we can see where, entries
will continue to go down. All costs, including site costs, grass and matting
were factored in at each site and suitable hotels were investigated and the
number required were found for each site submitted for consideration.

The last Board chose to turn the sites over to the show chairman and we were
disbanded 2 years ago.

Joan