[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fw: Futurity Plaques and More

  • From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:48:06 -0800 (PST)

Below is a copy of an email I sent to the Board and Officers today. The Board
meeting is just over two weeks away maybe now is the time to start making
suggestions or offering advice.
First of all I'd like to say thank you and Congratulations to our newest Board
Members (especially two who are first timers)and wish them well in year(s)to
come. Let's hope we can return some civility to our  club.
As for the issue pertaining to the Futurity Plaques I for one am against
discontinuing them. I don't feel that it's fair to ask an exhibitor to spend
several hundred dollars(entry, handler fees, expenses, gas is be projected at
being $5.00 a gal. before the end of the Summer) only to walk away with a
rosette that costs at best $5.00 (a guesstimate on my part). I'm going to be
having a litter later on this year and yes they'll be futurity nominated(only
because it's free).
Here are a couple of ideas I've come up with in the past few weeks.
1. In lieu of a plaque(if the club can't find the resources to provide
them)give the exhibitor a voucher enabling them to purchase one at their
discretion.
2. Use one Plaque and have interchangeable information(similar to what show
photographers) use. We have a multitude of excellent photographers in the club
who could(if asked)come up with the names of the company's they got their class
information from.
When you think about it the ones who benefit most from the Futurity/Maturity
system are the owners o the top Sires and Dams. When the time comes my decision
as to whether I suggest to my buyers that they invest their money in specialty
show expenses sorry but the specialty will win out. This is coming from Simone
who placed in both of the Futurities he was entered.  Even though they were
only second place wins I still appreciate it.
In closing my question to all of you is this
Are the days of exclaiming WE GOT WOOD a thing of the past?
Regards

Bob Neiman / Walled Lake, Mich.
Owner Barkalot's Felonious Assault AKA Brat and the other half of B'N'B
Breeder/owner of UKC GR Ch.B'N'B-Barkalot's Cherish RN
Co-owner of UKC ChSandyCreek-B'N'B-WC's Christmas Star AKA Echo
Co-owner of Ketlyn's Black Widow
Proud member of the GSDC of Am. since 1996
Stand up for what you believe in,
even if you are standing alone