[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fw: Flights & Sites!

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:03:56 -0800

OK ....I did not want to get into another "airline war" because sooner or later
anyone can
find a great flight once to some place.   That of course will not help the
majority of us.
In regards to Kim's schedule below it looks good on a post....BUT....I cannot
fly out of
Sacramento,Ca. ( INTERNATIONAL ) airport on Delta airlines to St. Louis....or
Phoenix or
Chicago or even S. Calif....or ANYWHERE without being routed through ATLANTA,
Ga!!!
( That is Delta's MAIN hub ....)   I have tried....it cannot be done!!   I
can't speak for LAX. or any of
the others hubs listed ...but  that is 10 hrs. or days of driving away!! .
When someone quotes
these flights they are not seeing the hundreds and hundreds of us that are not
near those hubs!
Many of us live in Phoenix, Vegas, Idaho,  Utah, Oregon,  New Mexico.   Please
consider US!!!
Also.......
This is NOT ABOUT THE St. Louis site!!    I'm sure it has many many redeeming
features!!  Most
of us have no problem with St. Louis in general....just not  2011.... and
throwing Colorado away!

THE PROBLEM IS.......
most of the West Coast supports every single National that we can get to!   We
in the West were looking
forward to Colorado as an actual reasonable centrally Western National we can
get to in a day or two.
Please get out your maps and see just how WEST COAST that is.............<G>
NOT!!
We accepted it because it is a GREAT SITE.....and it is POSSIBLE for all of us
to get there..East & West.
It should be considered seriously as one of the  permanent sites.    It would
save the parent club a fortune
 if they would just make that decision and quit flying the National Chair and
the Board all over this Country
looking......and just settle it for one of them.  ( AND it was profitable )
Instead.....they threw this site away!!
THAT is the problem!!
Now exactly how difficult would it have been to keep this site booked under
contract and go with St. Louis
for the year after the Pa. Centennial??     What.....is that just too easy???
We could save a fortune just having the four years booked and ready and waiting
for us all  to show up!
Pulling out of the contract after all this time....  GOOD LUCK getting it
back....and even then....
WHEN?
On top of that......they made it later in the year.   Now you people can talk
about what rough drives and
distances you have to go to get to St. Louis or Pa. or Florida or Phoenix or
whatever.....but when you
put a date into November..... it is an initial HARDSHIP on the entire
membership in the Western part of
the Untied States!!!    Most of us have to drive.   Did no one take Geography
in this Organization??
Does anyone know what  a Mountain Pass is??    Does anyone know what the
Rockies are??
Our  FIRST Mountain Pass to get over has 20 feet of snow on it right
now......Donner Summit.....

YIKES!
I hear the rumble of an earthquake.....possibly the entire Western membership
is falling off the National map!!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com