[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fw: Awarding unsound temperament

  • From: Julie <hylowegsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 14:27:10 -0400

I just want to start off by saying most of you have no idea who I am but I have
been in this breed for over 30 years.  Showing and or being a spectator.  I
just recently joined the gsdca and refuse to join any local clubs because of
all the bickering that goes on.  This list has proven my point!!  I have
listened for months about the white issue and have listened to people bash
other peoples dogs or their character!!  This clubs memebership is going down
not for the bad judging that you people seem to think but its the crap you
write about other peoples dogs or how unfriendly you are to the new people at
ringside!! I can honestly say that i showed up on saturday and monday at the
specialties in michigan and i had 1 person introduce himself to me and that was
John, so thank you John for being a nice person! I told another person congrats
on their dog finishing on a previous show and all they could say was what
happened to the judging today? I felt that was very poor sportsmanship and they
didnt know me from adam!!! I heard on the list about bad temperment on the
winning dogs and or bitches and i can say this... I didnt see it except for the
one that got excused.If we want to preserve what the gsd is we need to work
togeather not against eachother. My daughter is an excellent handler but she
hates the shepherd ring because of the people not the breed.  She has taken a 6
month old rottie and has gone wb with her and the rottie people congradulated
her.  The entry was around 50!!!( not to say they don't have issues in their
club also)   I took breed with my 12-18 shepherd and got not 1 person saying
congrats to me??? What does that say about us? LOOK in the mirror people before
you start bashing people or their dogs!!!

Julie

GCH Hylowe's Chicacoland V Cosmic
CH Hylowe's Talladega V Cosmic
GCH Hylowes Mystic Nightmovz
CH Hylowes Take It As It Comes V Tenderluv