[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fw: A TRUE SNOW STORY-----

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:29:07 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Norma Ramey
To: Austin Pottorff
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 5:26 PM
Subject: A TRUE SNOW STORY-----

Our newspaper reported this was the first real big snow
in over 15 years.  B.R. ended up having around 5 inches.
It was so neat.  A big igloo, a sitting Great Dane & pup,
3 real snowmen were all built here at my facility!!

Years ago the first year the Volkswagen Bug cars came out
my husband ordered one from Germany.  It took 4 months
to get to Philadelphia where he traveled to pick it up from
our home about 30 miles or so away.  He LOVED IT!
He worked in Philly and had to take the train from a town
about 15 miles from our home.  That winter we had a big
snow and lived with a cul-de-sac in the subdivision.  A high
school was nearby with the road next to it outs from our
place.    He was not about to lose work so he drove the
bug up over our lawn to the back yard of our neighbor to,
hopefully, travel to the road near the school.

Not knowing where it was, he got that little car stuck in
the homemade sandbox in that yard!!  The family laughed
and, of course my dear Herb did everything BUT!!  We did
get it out much later but he sure was the "talk of the town"
for quite a while on that one.     Norma no L