[ SHOWGSD-L ] Futurity/Maturity Question

  • From: "Jessica MacMillan" <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:31:16 -0500

Unlike all other breeds, GSD folks are lucky that they get to pick where and
when they show their pups in the Futurity. You get to pick the regions and
the judges. The rest of us have one National Futurity. If my dog is out of
coat, lame, in season, etc... that's it. I understand the idea behind having
two options, but WHY should the Futurity be treated differently than
anything else - you enter a class at the National and your dog is lame, you
are out of luck. And don't tell me it is a "puppy match" - it obviously
means more to breeders than anyone gives it credit for.

Also, you don't get to show your pup in the Futurity, but you still get to
show in the Maturity if your pup is entered in the Futurity the previous
year, right - so you actually get a double shot at it?

It seems to me, no matter what happens, people are going to use the
situation to their advantage - and some are going to stretch it as far as
they can (ie. the situations that happened this year)..

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com) - and who would love to be able to chose
WHERE I show my dal pups in the Futurity - instead we just win the WHOLE
thing three times :-)
& The Shepherd Girls (one of which who placed in her big Futurity class this
year!)

More photos; more messages; more whatever. Windows Live Hotmail - NOW with
5GB storage.