[ SHOWGSD-L ] Futurity sponsorships and other thoughts

  • From: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:21:05 EST

While there are some things that may be changed to make the  Futurities
better, I must say that my regional club has always made a  significant profit
hosting the Futurity.  I have been the MA Futurity  Chair twice - not only we
made
monies hosting the Futurity but we also  considerably improved our specialty
show entries which gave us further  profits.

In the past, hosting a Futurity was a big effort.  However, the way  the
Futurities are run right now (with Rau taking the bulk of the show
responsibilities) has made it a lot easier for small clubs to be able to handle
 the
workload.  Actually, there is very little work left for the local clubs  -
other than
have people available the day of the show to sell catalogs, ring  steward,
etc.  All entry monies are received by Rau, the catalogs are  printed by Rau
and
the local chair receives judges' books, ribbons,  arm bands, trophies and
everything else needed.   The biggest  opportunity for regional clubs is the
sale
of Futurity catalog advertisement and  pro-active clubs can be quite
successful in this area.

The MidAtlantic regional clubs compete each year to host the Futurity and  my
club applies each time we think we may have an opportunity to be  chosen.  It
is a boost to our morale, to our pocketbook and an opportunity  to host an
event that brings the best of the country to our little corner of the  world.

Dania Karloff
GSDC of Eastern Virginia

Dania