[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity counts/ size & winners

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx>, <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 23:48:24 -0800

> Doris please don't take this as argumentative it's just an opinion.  I have
> always felt that the most important shows in the country next to the  National
> Specialty are the Futurities. I have always felt that the idea of the
> futurities was to find the best young dogs in the country and assemble them
> at  the
> National so that as many people as possibly could evaluate them and maybe
> this
> knowledge would redirect or confirm their breeding program. And if even as
> many as 50% of the winners are from one or two litters so be it these are the
> ones I want to see compete. Why would one want to see an average specimen from
> an area where there just happened to not be much competition when a second
> place  dog who is much better stays home because he was beaten by his litter
> brother?  Again this just an opinion but it's how I have always felt about the
> futurities.> Respectfully> Fred Migliore

I agree Fred.   The Futurities...like it or not,  agree or not.....are the
second most
important Conformation Show event in our Breed.   The air is already
"crackling" with
who will be at what Futurity.   When the Futurity / Maturity winners go to the
National
and compete for Futurity VICTOR and VICTRIX  or Maturity VICTOR and VICTRIX
and get their photos on the cover of the Review with that titles...you will
never
convince
me they are just a "Match" winner.  They have established too much prestige at
the
National to ever be considered Match winners.   Check out the price of handler
fees
for
the Futurity compared to a 5 pt. major show!!!   <G>
We need to keep it in perspective though........the winner from the smallest
Futurity
across the Nation still might be the BEST ONE OF ALL after all..............

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx