[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity changes-Handler Costs

  • From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx, "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:40:26 -0700 (PDT)

I agree 100%.  The rates just keep climbing, 3 years ago I
paid $125 for a Futurity, and my girl went R/BIF.  I never
went to the National since I could not afford the handling
fee for a Futurity Finals.
I now have a new girl I am showing, same handler is
charging $175 for this year's Futurity.  Other handlers are
charging as much as $225 for a Futurity.  I cannot justify
paying that kind of money for a no-point show.  Plus even
if I luck out and win again, what difference does it
make...the handling fee for the Natioanl will be 3-4 xs
that. It's not like I can afford to do the National anyhow
with the way the rates are.
At this point I am debating if I should show my girl myself
at the Futurity, but who wants to be beaten my the
handlers????
This sport is becoming a sport for the wealthy, and the
little people can no longer afford it.

http://mail.yahoo.com