[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity STAT Replies

  • From: James Barnhart <jim_barnhart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 10:10:24 -0700

Carolyn,  Perhaps you are the exception that proves the rule.  The
dictionary defines a combine as a group of people acting together for
a commercial purpose and there are breeder/handler/brokers with a
powerful influence in our breed who in fact operate as combines
breeding many litters and selling the dogs to those who can afford to
buy them and promote them.  Use their stud dogs and become privy to
their influence.  These combines are identified by the kennel names on
many top winning dogs.  I am not saying it is wrong but just the way
it is.  Jim Barnhart