[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity STAT Replies

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Scharo777@xxxxxxx>, <Lealynn@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 09:50:31 -0700

I fully agree with what Liz says and knows by her stats............but.....
Along these lines I would like to know what constitutes a   "big breeder"??
I've heard this term for years.....I've had people call us for information, or
a breeding
or a puppy and they often refer to us as "BIG Breeders"???
<G>
Over all the YEARS we have been in dogs.....I don't think we have ever had more
than
two bitches on the property that we use for breeding....and that is still the
case now.
They are pets,  they are the show dogs and they are bred.
Typically we average six dogs.....occasionally it gets up to eight dogs because
as now
we have a couple of old dogs....two young bitches,  and two bitches that are
"middle age"
used for breeding.
Our old CH. who also was the # 1  producing bitch,  one is our Grand Victrix,
and one is
a bitch that was never shown because she got a chip of her nose removed by a
visiting
bitch.   The older of our two studs produced our G.Vx. and the other stud
produced last year's
Futurity Victor and select dog.     That is our "big"  breeding
operation......period.
Occasionally we co own a bitch or two that we may get a litter from...they are
usually in
great homes of great friends.
We have bred select dogs and two Grand Victors and one Grand Victrix.   Does
that make
us a "BIG"  breeder???    Exactly what does "big" mean.
( I have gained some weight this year )  <G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com