[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity Requirements Redux..again...

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <joank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <TISHW@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:15:02 -0700

From: "Joannie" <joank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: <TISHW@xxxxxxx>;
> AKC adjusts the point schedule every year based on numbers of dogs shown.  I
> just don't get why we can't adjust the number of litters required each year.
> Combining regions is NOT the answer.> > JMHO> > Joannie
>>
> No, it has not been adjusted but you are correct about the CTH litters.  What
> needs to be done is SP & MP need to be combined -> Tish

How will it help the Futurities to combine two?  ( eliminating one )
Particularly on
a Coast
that that is taken up by THREE big States....one....a LONG State like
California??
It's a full day
of driving from N. Calif. to S. Calif.....more than that to Oregon or
Washington.   It
certainly
won't make things easier for any of us, and it won't force most of us to breed
more
litters.
Surely there has to be a little "give" in the number of litter nominations when
we
take a long
hard look at entries falling in ALL the SHOWS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY!?
Breedings fail, bitches miss......less
litters......whatayagonnado....also....every
dog shown in a
Futurity is not necessarily nominated in that area anyway.   Often they are
purchased,
or
flown in.......and that usually has to do with Judges and easy access.
Making it more difficult for exhibitors certainly won't help.   If anything,
we have
to make
them MORE Exhibitor/ Breeder friendly......easy access is a simple one to solve
by
having
M.P. and S. P.....as  both are often attended by Exhibitors from Utah and
Nevada and
Idaho
and Colorado.....and it would also make it a hardship on them as well.
More availability of new Judges by changes in requirements would help also.
BOTH  of those TWO  particular problems are relatively  EASY to solve!!!
Price for Handlers and Airlines are the BIG difficult problems to solve!!!! <G>
For those who say winning wouldn't mean anything in a small Futurity....you
must have
never
won B.I.F. or B.O.F...??  You still go to the National level to compete with
the dogs
that won a
BIG Futurity!!
What guarantees a BIG Furutity anyway??    Usually it's Judges and easy access.
It's seems we
always have a bigger Futurity in M.P. when it is in the Bay Area as it is
easier
access for flights.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com