[ SHOWGSD-L ] Futurity Requirements Redux

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>, <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:36:49 -0700

 Also which breeder and kennel in the present has produced the most
champions?  Anyone know?

I don't have statistics, but I'm betting it would be Covy-Tucker Hill.
Jamie

Paul adds...I would agree with Jamie on this one in a heart beat...

That said...CTH is causing a problem in our MP Region. Actually they are not
causing the problem, but we are suffering from the past CTH breeding
program. Our "Target Number of Litters" for MP is based on the old model
when CTH bred those excellent dogs and bitches. They no longer are doing the
extensive breeding of the 80's and 90's with both Cappy & Gloria judging all
over da world.

The PClub and the futurity system needs to be revised down when it comes to
that target number of litters bred in the MP Region. It is not fair for the
CTH litters of the past to be included in what we are doing now.

Surely an adjustment can be made to take the reduced breeding of CTH in the
Region and ease the current number of litters required to merit a futurity?

Ms. Tish...has such an adjustment been made or we still at the past numbers
when CTH was breeding more litters?

Paul