[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity Question

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Lealynn@xxxxxxx, 'freelist' <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:22:34 -0700 (PDT)

My feelings are, that if a person wants to feel better about winning in a
larger class then let them enter more dogs. Works for me. They feel good and
the the clubs make money.

If I would have to drive to CA for a Fut  Mat I simply wouldn't go.  We have
been talking about declining entries for months and I don't believe the way to
increase them is to make the show harder to get to. This is the only Parent
club Regional event that happens, this is the only contact that many of the
regional members will ever have with the parent club. I think that a board
member should be at every Fut Mat selling the Parent club doing PR work.
Terry
On Behalf Of Edwin Hill
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 8:48 AM
To: Lealynn@xxxxxxx; freelist
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity Question

well if its a matter of money...the club is losing money with this
rule...let me explain this..I chose not to enter this dog because of his
pasterns...so no entry fee paid to the club...now lets say that this dog
improves tremendously and next year he looks great, but I did not enter last
year so the rule says I can not enter this year, therefore a second entry
fee not paid to the club...this rule HURTS the club financially and in entry
numbers...I don't see it any other way...this needs to be changed...TISH
where are you!....FB
Lealynn@xxxxxxx wrote: In a message dated 6/14/2005 7:56:56 PM Pacific
Standard Time, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
so now because of the futurity rule I can not show him in his maturity ( if
I wanted to ) next year....why is this rule ?...if the litter is nominated I
should be able to show in his maturity whether I entered into the futurity
or not...

Well, I guess after reading several posts, writing several and tossing them
on a variety of these most recent topics... I guess I need to finally pipe
up.

Come on people!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me? Why is it when there's a system that has worked for as
many years as the system has been in place... someone pipes up and thinks we
need to "reinvent" the wheel and change something because it has prevented
them from doing what they wanted when they wanted to do it???????

You know, Ed and Liz... this rule has been in place since the inception of
the GSDCA Futurity System ---- and if not... I'm sure one of the OG will
Just love to stomp me into correction... but... it's been in place for the
20+ years I've been involved. It's no big deal... there are a lot of
animals who have not been entered in their futurities and maturities and
went onto successful careers - I've even had a Select Champion that never
attended or competed at a futurity or maturity.

There are others out there that have as well. Let's focus on fixing things
that need to be fixed.

The members of the GSDCA in the east believe that we need to reduce futurity
regions... that's a problem for people in the west... 12 hours drive for
most of us gets us to the middle of no where... we need the regions we have
now. If there's a change to reduce regions let's do it in the east where
there are more shows and everything is closer. Reducing regions in the west
would be financially hampering for many more exhibitors than it would
benefit. Many people would not enter their dogs if there was no hope of
having a futurity close to them to exhibit at - especially now with the
flying situation.

What is the cost involved in changing the rule you want changed? The
financial impact for any breeder would be about $20 per dog. Let's focus on
what's more important to the exhibitors. So you messed up and didn't enter
your dog in it's futurity and it's not eligible now... big flippin' deal.
If the dog is worthy of a successful career - it will have it, regardless of
how it does at a "PUPPY MATCH". Also... why don't you add up the number of
times the Maturity victor/Victrix has been awarded the ultimate vs the
number of times they have been defeated by dogs who didn't win their
futurity or maturity.

I hate to come across as a beotch... but Ed... there's more important things
facing this club.. changing this rule is not among them.

Thanks for listening.

Kathaleen

Kathaleen Strong - Inflight Kennels Reg'd - Breeders of:
1995 US GV, AOE-1996 US GVx, Jubilee ROM
http://inflight.cnc.net Angel's on her way home - YAY!!!

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Terry Cochran
www.FairwayShepherds.com
www.Rightdog.com    RightDog Photography

Discover Yahoo!