[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity Question

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick@xxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:21:58 -0700 (PDT)

almost everything we do at the present time defeats the purpose of
"Futurity"...see Mr. Gish's post....Ed
Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:The whole idea is expressed in the very
title...Futurity. It means "in
the future," and expresses the breeder's faith in what his animals will
be like in the future. If you are sure that what you've bred is going
to be competitive as a more mature animal, you nominate the litter (step
one), then you enter a futurity class (step two), and when the dog is
ready as a more mature adult, your faith in your breeding program takes
you to the maturity class (step three...the final step). Waiting until
the dog is grown up to enter defeats the whole purpose.
Peggy
Edwin Hill wrote:

>well if its a matter of money...the club is losing money with this rule...let
>me explain this..I chose not to enter this dog because of his pasterns...so no
>entry fee paid to the club...now lets say that this dog improves tremendously
>and next year he looks great, but I did not enter last year so the rule says I
>can not enter this year, therefore a second entry fee not paid to the
>club...this rule HURTS the club financially and in entry numbers...I don't see
>it any other way...this needs to be changed...TISH where are you!....FB
>Lealynn@xxxxxxx wrote: In a message dated 6/14/2005 7:56:56 PM Pacific
>Standard Time, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>so now because of the futurity rule I can not show him in his maturity ( if I
>wanted to ) next year....why is this rule ?...if the litter is nominated I
>should be able to show in his maturity whether I entered into the futurity or
>not...

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original