[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity Nomination Fees & Club 'Purpose'

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 11:10:32 -0700 (PDT)

What an "excellent" post !!!!  First off, personally, I spend a lot more than
$66/year on silly "stuff", heck, I probably spend that on my flavored Iced Tea
addiction at Quick Trip when I fill up my car with gas.

All kidding aside, I truly believe the club needs "us" more than ever before.
Unfortunately our society now is always looking for what they are owed.  Call
it freebies, handouts, whatever label one would like to give it, it is the
trend here in the U.S.A.  It spills over into every aspect of our lives, even
dog clubs.

Carolyn mentioned some of the suggestions/decisions made by the board in her
post.  Even though they might not always the right ones, it seems they are
trying to deal with what the majority of people are wanting, "inclusion".  I
think the word "disenfranchised" has been worn out on this list at times, and
not getting into the entire white/long coated issues, number of futurity
regions etc etc,  here, the driving forces behind those issues are money &
inclusionary driven.  Our club can not survive if we go broke, plain and
simple.  Does not take a rocket scientist to see the handwriting on the wall
with the financial situation we are facing by year end.  Then, the entry
numbers issue, again, totally tied to money and needing to attract more
exhibitors, hence, the "fault class discussions" and Futurity Regions.  I
certainly don't have the answers to these very complicated issues, hopefully
our board can reach solutions that are "palatable" for
 everyone.

What I personally can do for my club is pay my $66/year, run an ad or two in
the Review &/or National Catalog, support my Regional club the best I can, and
hope that the GSDCA will survive this year so our club will stay in existence.

Chris

Chris S. (Jolley)  Kimerer
http://www.tanbarkgsd.com/
Ch. CaralonQED Tanbark Treasure Island v Joelle Aramist, OFA H/E
Gr.Ch. Trotwood's Emerald v Tanbark Joelle Aramist
Charbo-Tanbark's Trinket v Hillside
DeRousse DareDevil Diva v Tanbark
Aramists BlingBling v Joelle, ROM
RIP
Gr.Ch. Tanbark's 2MuchBling Joelle Aramist OFA H/E
AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch. CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu, RN OFA H/E
Ch. Cresther's Blast of Kenlyn, HI, CDX, OFA