[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity Judging Requirements

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:16:15 -0700 (PDT)

I think it would be easier if the clubs held more matches. :0) The Oregon club
has held 2 this year. Your club held a match before the show started on Sat.  I
truly believe that the fun matches will do more to bring new people to the
breed than anything else.
Terry
LEWIEB@xxxxxxx wrote:
First of all let me say that I think it is a good idea to be able to ask
candidates questions and for them to answer on the List. Everyone running for
an
Officer or Board Position is doing so because of their love for the Breed and
their willingness to give something back to our club. No need to get nasty
since we are all friends and will remain so no matter what the outcome of the
election.

With that said I will answer the first question asked which was regarding the
requirements to judge a Futurity.

Personally, I would like to see more people eligible to judge a Futurity
because after all it is a BREEDERS' show, not a Judges' show. Yes, procedure
and
such is very important otherwise we may be at the Futurity for two days.
Seriously, I would like to see the requirements reviewed by the Futurity Chair,
the Futurity Committee and the Board with the objective to add additional
people
to the Futurity judging pool.

Lew
POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

http://mail.yahoo.com